1.    #1  
    how do you go about applying the tweaks to the phone. Is there a update? and if so how to get it and apply to phone. can anyone help ??????
    Last edited by crazykanaka; 08/27/2009 at 01:15 PM.
    you plug in your pre in "just charge" mode. open webos quick install, click on the submenu then tweeks. Check the box for what ever tweek you want then click done. your phone should reboot afterwards and you will see the changes take effect. Hopefully it works with the bell version. (I assume you are using the bell version since you have one post , joined this month, and name is crazykanaka)
    SCK Manager
    One thing to keep in mind.. Select just one tweak at a time, let the phone reboot, and then select another tweak, etc. Do not select all at once.
  4.    #4  
    no im not a canuck im hawaiian and im on sprint ive had me pre for a month now and just finding out about all the things this phone can do. thanks for the info !!!!!! i take it it has to be in dev mode, right ?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Yes, it has to be in dev mode. Welcome by the way!!
    Yes, anything with WebOSQUickInstall you need to be in Dev mode. For the record you do not need to be in Dev mode for WebOSDoctor to work.
  7.    #7  
    cool cool thanks by the way everybody for all the info i have alot to learn coming from being a ex crackberry user now the only thing i need to do is root my phone anybody can help me on that feel free to respond (remember im kinda new to all this so keep in mind)
    Very simple, just follow the instructions in the blue section labeled 'Procedure' on the right side of this page.

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

Be sure to follow the 'Next steps' area to setup optware and users and read up on how to apply patches properly.

If you constantly are placing files on your pre, you may benefit from installing SFTP, which is also detailed in the next steps area, but keep in mind loading up your Pre with services may slow it down at times.

Hope it helps
  9.    #9  
    must be a update because nothing called tweaks in sub menu any solutions anybody????
    Tweaks is under tools on the top left. Only found in WebOSQuickInstall 2.01 (and future versions).

Be sure to apply only one tweak at a time, your phone will require a reboot with each one.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazykanaka View Post
    must be a update because nothing called tweaks in sub menu any solutions anybody????
    Tweaks is under the Tools menu. If you don't see that, you have an outdated version. The most current version of WebOS Quick Install can always be found attached to post#1 of the WebOS Quick Install thread
  12.    #12  
    thanks guys got it now where can i go to get boot logos and dialer backgrounds ??
    Like the tweaks - can you expand it to include new web dialer backgrounds, etc? Thanks!
    Does the phone need to be rooted? What are the tweaks?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Like the tweaks - can you expand it to include new web dialer backgrounds, etc? Thanks!
    Web dialer backgrounds? If you mean changing the background of the green dialer, yes that is included in the tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Does the phone need to be rooted? What are the tweaks?
    No, the phone does not to be rooted in the traditional way (linux command prompt, putty, etc)

The thread below has the information you need:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1778909
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Hey - I found where I can do the tweaks, but I don't quite know how to install the file. Do I need to actually make my own JPG (or PNG), or are there some that I can download? Thanks -
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    One thing to keep in mind.. Select just one tweak at a time, let the phone reboot, and then select another tweak, etc. Do not select all at once.
    I made that mistake ):
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I did all at once, and it was fine...

But i guess your way is safer!