Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here I go starting my post with the obligitory

"my iPhone had".... an application called LockDown. Anyone that had an iPhone with Cydia probably heard of it.

It's a small app that allows you to password lock specific applications. So you WOULDNT have to lock the entire screen (which means hitting 911 from time to time and just general frustration when streaming music etc)...

The app was simple, obviously a real hacker could hack the phone and bypass it. But for the average user it did the job. You don't want your wife/gf checking your text messages, lockdown. You don't want anyone reading your email, lockdown. It was application specific lock. You chose a password, then you checked each app you wanted locked down.

Pretty simple and would make my life a lot easier. Should be fairly simple. But isn't that what all non-programmers say?
    goodness. +1

That's the first thing (really) that i've heard that the iphone had that I actually want...

nb
  3.    #3  
    I see you're in DC, me too. We DC folks must think alike being so close to and working for the government (security security security).
    PalmOS had apps like this too, as well as a way to lock whole device, for kid-friendliness. Worthwhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by derrickonline View Post
    I see you're in DC, me too. We DC folks must think alike being so close to and working for the government (security security security).
    If you think like obama then I think the iPhone is better for you
  6.    #6  
    Leave Obama alone!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    this would be a nice app that way it would be possible to lock pictures and videos .... to tell you the truth i would actually pay for something like this ..
    Has any programmer been working on this?
  9.    #9  
    +1
    This might work if background apps can control any applications that load up and are active cards by setting a front up to be the top card and pushing the app under it, but that's all I could come up to make it happen. I might take a stab at this as soon as my first app is completed.

So long as nobody has done it.
    I would love this. If they can make it deeper in the photo app, then that would be awesome too. I would love to lock certain folders (without hiding them) in the Photos app.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    sounds like a great app have it on my jailbroken ipod touch..i would like it more on my pre cause then i could lock my text's and pics
  13.    #13  
    bump
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    bump

and here's another thread on the same topic...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...k-app-pre.html
    Wod be great to lock messaging and pictures
  16.    #16  
    I saw that previous link, problem was he put it in the wrong section.
    It'd be easy enough to do by making a shortcut application with dupped icons. For ex. The fake email icon actually launches the shortcut app, requests the password and then passes the request to the real email app. The password app closes itself after the email app has loaded.

With webOS more has to be done than hiding the real icon: You'd also have to hide the app from Universal Search. That could be as simple as obfuscating the app name, leaving the app ID alone of course.

The PalmOS method of listening in and intercepting the OS should be avoided for as long as possible, if not forever. That was one of PalmOS's biggest sources of instability and drag.
    this app and a callblock app is all i need to make me happy again
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    If you think like obama then I think the iPhone is better for you
    Actually you'd need a $3,500 MS based piece of equipment. Leave your technopolitics in "off topic" at least.

Obama's new BlackBerry: The NSA's secure PDA? | Politics and Law - CNET News
    Last edited by biggnaa20; 09/08/2009 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derrickonline View Post
    Yeah. If I had a guvmint approved secure Pre, maybe I wouldn't have to carry around this and a locked down blackberry.

nb
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast