Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Been trying to find a good way to stream my mp3s (orb, winamp remote, vibestreamer, icecast) but no silver bullet yet.

So I was thinking, does it seem feasible to modify/patch the existing music player app to look at an ftp or http url instead of /media/internal to find media files?

Same with the video player and photo viewer.

Would have to setup a server at home and mod the app to be able to input url and authentication info.

But it seems like a good solution may be to use the applications already provided to us.

Thoughts?
    why not just use Orb?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by infra View Post
    why not just use Orb?
    For one thing I can't get it to play more than one mp3 at a time. Play all and playlist options just play the first file and then go back to the file list.

Tried all different formats & settings recommended on the forum.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by infra View Post
    why not just use Orb?
    Orb was the 1st thing they listed they tried! I cant get ORB to work on my computer but for some wiers add reason i can get winamp remote (which is orb) to work just fine but i cant get it to play anything over my pre! I can get it to work on my wifes Centro even but not my god damn pre! it tried to play but says unavailable!
    Any update on this? I was thinking about setting up a VLC streaming server and figuring out a way to connect to it from my Pre even if it is only though the command line. It seems like VLC is one of the better media streaming set ups, for music and videos for internet and intranet streaming and controls. If any one has any input on what they have done and how that has worked let every one know.