Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Great quick howto.. the only thing i could think to maybe add is that some files can't be overwritten unless "mount -o remount,rw /" is performed first. Or sometimes "sudo -i"..

And.. as far as i know.. the the webos doc from sprint is 1.2.0, not 1.2.1.

Just double checked, and webOSDoctor.jar is 1.20...
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I guess no one needs this lol
    Like WRONG!!!!!! Thank you for this!!
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by daventx View Post
    Great quick howto.. the only thing i could think to maybe add is that some files can't be overwritten unless "mount -o remount,rw /" is performed first. Or sometimes "sudo -i"..

And.. as far as i know.. the the webos doc from sprint is 1.2.0, not 1.2.1.

Just double checked, and webOSDoctor.jar is 1.20...
    The WebOS Doctor must've not been updated. I will look for a updated link though.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    This is an old thread but hopefully someone can still help. I have done this numerous times on a PC on both windows and Linux. But this is the first time doing this on a mac. On trying to extract the nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar file. I get an error at the end saying unable to unarchive and operation not permitted. On both Windows and Linx both give me an error message but still give me the extracted file. On this stupid mac, I get the error and thats it. No files. I cant find any other way to get the files out of this. Any help would be appreciated.
  5.    #45  
    Try using a 3rd party Un-Zip program.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    This should definitely be a topic in the WebOS Internals Wiki....anyways, the original post should probably reflect a link to this page:
    webos-internals.org/wiki/Webos_Doctor_Versions

As, the method seems to apply to all WebOS devices.

Thanks for the post, saved me from having to do a full restore on my TouchPad
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123