Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Man, I wish I didn't have to write this, but...I need to learn. I did a full wipe on my phone recently (4 days ago) because I goofed up my email and couldn't fix it. I'm trying to figure out how I could have just fixed my email using the OP instead of wiping my phone.

So, correct me if I'm wrong but I would done this (using QuickInstall):
    -Tools, Send File, browse for the file "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; $on$ $my$ $PC$
    -Type "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/" in the Destination folder
    -Click Send to Device!

Are my file and destination correct?
    FYI- I tried to do the delete/read all patch...got it working now because the great QuickInstall.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    I have a mac and i tried using the archive utility and rarexpander and still still can't figure it out.
    I don't have much experience with Macs, but I googled and found this:
    Extract tar file in MacOS

i cant open tar files - macosx.com

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubbx View Post
    Man, I wish I didn't have to write this, but...I need to learn. I did a full wipe on my phone recently (4 days ago) because I goofed up my email and couldn't fix it. I'm trying to figure out how I could have just fixed my email using the OP instead of wiping my phone.

So, correct me if I'm wrong but I would done this (using QuickInstall):
    -Tools, Send File, browse for the file "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; $on$ $my$ $PC$
    -Type "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/" in the Destination folder
    -Click Send to Device!

Are my file and destination correct?
    FYI- I tried to do the delete/read all patch...got it working now because the great QuickInstall.
    Seems like you have it correct. If the patch had happened to modify more than one file, and you are unable to find out what files then it would be safe to just port over the whole app folder from your PC to your Pre.

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    So when I'm browsing for a file to send in send file, I can use a folder instead of a .jsjsjs $file$?
  5.    #25  
    So when I'm browsing for a file to send in send file, I can use a folder instead of a .jsjsjs $file$?
    I'm not so sure with Quick Install since I barely use it. I'll have to get back to you on it. I mainly use putty.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    thank you for this
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
    for some reason my webOS dr wont work. ive tried installing it over again and still nothing. can someone please help me?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    It doesn't work with QuickInstall, it won't allow a folder to be selected...

When you use putty, do you have to put the folder you want to replace on the pre in usb mode first, and then use the cp code? Or is there a way to copy something from your desktop to the pre in one line of code using cp?

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I'm not so sure with Quick Install since I barely use it. I'll have to get back to you on it. I mainly use putty.
  9.    #29  
    It doesn't work with QuickInstall, it won't allow a folder to be selected...

When you use putty, do you have to put the folder you want to replace on the pre in usb mode first, and then use the cp code? Or is there a way to copy something from your desktop to the pre in one line of code using cp?
    You have to copy the contents from WebOS to the USB drive, then CP command from there. You can also use WinSCP to copy files/folders (wirelessly) from your PC to your Pre (and vice versa) directly.

10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprenutt View Post
    for some reason my webOS dr wont work. ive tried installing it over again and still nothing. can someone please help me?
    (Read my signature)

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    It would if you obtained the WebOS Doctor ROM from the previous 1.1 firmware. Palm/Sprint update the ROM every update so there is a version for every firmware. I don't know where you could obtain the ROM, but it is possible.

I wouldn't recommend it though because it could cause errors, crashes, etc if the file(s) start to call on services/files that don't exist.
    I guess I could download the jar/WebOS Doctor ROM all over again to make sure, but is there another way to see which version I have, ie before or after the 1.1 webos update? Like a file somewhere inside that says the version number?
    Where do I send the app launcher stylesheet?
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    dude abyssul, thanks a lot...this freakin saved me
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    If I'm getting errors when trying to apply tweaks, does this mean my phone may get messed up with the webos 1.2 update? I'm fixing most of the errors based on this tutorial just in case.
    this is awesome, i think this will fix my problem but letme run it by you first. I installed the messagelandscape patch via Quick Install and upgraded to the newest version of quick install without first removing that tweak and the % in the battery with the old version. In prepping for the new 1.2 update I realized I couldn't remove message landscape or the % icon. Could I cp the original files and which files would these be? I think i might be in a pickle...
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsilva View Post
    this is awesome, i think this will fix my problem but letme run it by you first. I installed the messagelandscape patch via Quick Install and upgraded to the newest version of quick install without first removing that tweak and the % in the battery with the old version. In prepping for the new 1.2 update I realized I couldn't remove message landscape or the % icon. Could I cp the original files and which files would these be? I think i might be in a pickle...
    When WebOS 1.2 is released, I would actually recommend that you use WebOS Doctor to restore your Pre because it will ensure a clean OS without any possible faults.

Getting the following even after using your tips (which were simple btw) so it looks like I gotta go see the Doc... :?

ERROR: MD5 doesn't match. The file "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css" is modified from its original state. Be sure to restore the original.

ERROR: MD5 doesn't match. The file "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-container.html and /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html" is modified from its original state. Be sure to restore the original.

The files say "send successfully" but the WebOSCleaner still finds them and I still can't reinstall the virtual keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Getting the following even after using your tips (which were simple btw) so it looks like I gotta go see the Doc... :?

ERROR: MD5 doesn't match. The file "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css" is modified from its original state. Be sure to restore the original.

ERROR: MD5 doesn't match. The file "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-container.html and /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html" is modified from its original state. Be sure to restore the original.

The files say "send successfully" but the WebOSCleaner still finds them and I still can't reinstall the virtual keyboard.
    yeah, i finally gave it a go on /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css for launcher opacity...sent successfully too, no go. Although, for now, i can still use this particular tweak using QI2.03. Still more interested in having VK...
    It's also quite obvious most of us are going to have to see the DR. before we upgrade...I have yet to see any fixes for any of these errors...Thanks for all the work...maybe i'll shut up and try it thru root...what do i have to lose?
    im using this code and copying it in Novaterm, it's asking what to do with it. Multiple destinations, overwrite, what? im going to just disconnect until i know what i should do from here
  20.    #40  
    WebOS Repair Utility has left this procedure depreciated, but it is still useful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast