1.    #1  
    I don't understand why every time I try to do a new patch or change a patch in quilt it comes up with an error, or the hunks failed, or messing up something else entirely (I tried to use the more icons per row patch and I can no longer drag and drop an icon from one page to another)

When is this going to be updated or fixed (so to speak) so that it won't fail at random.

I feel as if I have much more luck modifying the files myself, because I KNOW i won't get any error if I undo the modifications I've done.

It's scary to think that deleting patches comes up with errors so often and that we are forced to "force" it (-f) to work only partially.

Is this something that will always happen or is there any chance of a fix of some sort?

And I know it's not just me with these problems, because I am constantly reading threads on people having issues with quilt and patching.
    Usually when patching, it comes down to a slight mishap in user error that messes up something working properly. (In no way am I saying you messed up your own phone on your own.)

For instance.. I effed up my browser recently because of a stupid little mistake. I went into the WebOS Quick Install and I went to the tweaks and clicked on the tweak to enable downloading in the web browser. Well, I accidentally clicked the box again while it was applying the patch and it ended up messing up my browser due to it only half-modding the phone instead of getting completely finished. I wasn't able to open my browser at all or even open up a Google search by doing a universal search. I thought I was doomed because even after a hard-reset, it didn't fix the issue.

All I had to do was go back into WebOS Quick Install and do the same thing, except this time, I let the Download in Web Browser tweak get fully finished. Then I unchecked the box and I'm pretty sure it cleared out all of the problems that were caused before because after that I was able to bring my browser back up with no issues.
    Patches can often cause confusion with each other when they are trying to modify the same file. The way they work is by going to the appropriate line and editing the existing text. If you add one patch, the number of lines may change. Then when the next patch comes in, it will be looking for lines that have moved (but it doesn't know that). Therefore it will fail.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    yeah i was having trouble today trying to update the virtual keyboard patch and the landscape url patch.

i did this as instructed by Rennant in another thread, and magically everything started working properly:

cd /
    rm /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    cd /opt/src/modifications
    git pull
    cd /
    quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    quilt pop -a
    quilt pop -f
    quilt pop -a
    quilt push -a
    quilt push -f
    quilt push -a
    pkill LunaSysMgr
    ##END##
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    yeah i was having trouble today trying to update the virtual keyboard patch and the landscape url patch.

i did this as instructed by Rennant in another thread, and magically everything started working properly:

cd /
    rm /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    cd /opt/src/modifications
    git pull
    cd /
    quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    quilt pop -a
    quilt pop -f
    quilt pop -a
    quilt push -a
    quilt push -f
    quilt push -a
    pkill LunaSysMgr
    ##END##

The main reason people have problems is because they continue to do things wrong, and when things don't work they throw in things without a valid reason (push -f, rm etc...)

Always quilt pop -a -f before you do anything else, this will ensure you start with original files.
  6.    #6  
    So what is the problem when it says that something needs to be refreshed?

I've tried
    quilt refresh
    quilt delete /opt/src/..
    quilt import -f /opt/src/..
    nothing seems to do the trick to get it to "refresh" when needed to. -i'm talking about the patch for more_icons_per_row but it happens with others a lot as well?