Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Don't know how hard this would be to make with the current sdk but its worth a shot to ask. I as well as a lot of users would appreciate an app where you can make ringtones out or any part or a song or sound file stored on the device and save to the ringtone folder to be used as the current ringtone
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    When you go to change a ringtone hit the plus music button on the bottom left of the screen. Pick a song on the device. When you get back to the ringtones again pick the song you imported so that it has a check mark on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    When you go to change a ringtone hit the plus music button on the bottom left of the screen. Pick a song on the device. When you get back to the ringtones again pick the song you imported so that it has a check mark on it.

but this only starts the song from the begining. What he is looking for is something that will allow you to "Trim" the song. For example just cut out the chorus or just the end. I am ALL for this.

+1
    SCK Manager
    sorry missed the or is an of thing
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    but this only starts the song from the begining. What he is looking for is something that will allow you to "Trim" the song. For example just cut out the chorus or just the end. I am ALL for this.

+1
    I'm not sure if an app is really necessary. I would rather have a hack where when you select the song you want for a ringtone, it will then ask you to choose what part of the song you would like as a ringtone.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I would love to see an mp3 trimming app for the Pre, coming from a Touch Pro i really miss making ringtones on the fly.
    BUMP THIS FOR SURE

I want this so bad, android based phones have this, so let's get on it team!
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    I'm not sure if an app is really necessary. I would rather have a hack where when you select the song you want for a ringtone, it will then ask you to choose what part of the song you would like as a ringtone.
    I think by the time you code up a "patch" to do that you might as well just create a new app. A lot of people would want the option to save the selection too. HTC Touch Pro (even the Touch I think) and Android phones can pull this off.

My wife wanted ringtones so I loaded them into my hero and showed her how to use Ringdroid......I almost didn't get my phone back. Hopefully someone comes out with something like this for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    i use the web site myxer.com you can upload your music edit and send directly to your phone. it is free all you have to do is register.
    I too would love an app to do this! I'd pay for it too. I like to use a chorus from a song, not start it from the beginning. There was a great app for doing this on Palm OS, I miss it.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    yeah I was really missing this feature too, I'd love something like this
    Im shocked we dont have a ringtone maker/trimmer for webOS.

I appreciate palm letting us use any mp3 on the device BUT leaving out the ability to choose what part is a major oversight

Quote Originally Posted by five40 View Post
    I would love to see an mp3 trimming app for the Pre, coming from a Touch Pro i really miss making ringtones on the fly.
    yes coming from windows mobile this was a must have on any rom.
    +1
    TTT
    same here, had all the palmos phones and used minitunes for it I think, worked like a charm, still think trimming mp3 with audacity is a pain in the **** and am surprised no one has revamped minitunes into a webos mp3 equivalent.

lets hope someone tackles this! Hint,hint
    Palm prē-ist.
    yeah had that app for my centro minitones i think it was called that was awesome could really use that right about now
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    that sure would br great to get an app like that
    seriously id pay for this. im sure plenty would love to control their custom ringtones right from the phone
    anyone working on this??????
    Palm prē-ist.
    Just my two cents, wouldn't it just be easier to edit the file on a computer then just drag/drop onto your phone? That's what I do and it works fine. Unless of course you change ringtones every couple hours..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast