Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i loved minitones. granted it's not a huge deal to edit on my computer, but it was very convenient to be able to make a ringtone on my phone while i was listenning to music and the mood struck me
  2. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken02 View Post
    Just my two cents, wouldn't it just be easier to edit the file on a computer then just drag/drop onto your phone? That's what I do and it works fine. Unless of course you change ringtones every couple hours..
    What app u use for this?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skohcl View Post
    What app u use for this?
    Audacity is a free open-source music editing PC application.

I use it for trimming mp3's, but it's much more powerful than that...

Here's a link if you want to check it out:
    Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder
    have you used minitunes? so much easier, and it was on the phone, so you could edit it on the fly while u were bored with any muisic files on the phone. i personally would much rather use something to that effect.
    Palm prē-ist.
    you can actually edit Mp3's using Itunes. I've used it for yrs to make ringtones.
    but this is the cloud computing age, the end of the desktop sync and with an aray of native apps why not have one that makes sense. It was a definite fan favorite for people with os5 and just makes sense for us to have it on webos. Maybe that's the problem. Logic. What a world.
    Palm prē-ist.
    im sorry was that too logical? does anyone find it irritating that we have to hook our phones up to a computer to trim a mp3 to make a ringer? is there a reason there isnt a trimmer app yet????
    Palm prē-ist.
    probably because they don't have the ability with the current limitations of the sdk but i assume after 1.4 is released and viedo editing funtion someone will make one very similar to what they showed on video editing app
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    would love an app like this...
    ahh, I have been thinking about it and I wonder if the reason why there is no interest in it could be n.d.a. On 1.4? Just a possibility I guess.

I mean you can fast forward and rewind in the music app so I'm not getting that the sdk is too limited myself. With such a lack of discussion on it, it seems that the logical conclusion may be and n.d.a. ...... I'm calling palm to see what I can get ouy of em lol
    yeah. I called palm. Rep transferred me to a software engineer, he said the sdk is fully capable and is surprised there hasn't been one yet...... So I don't have problem paying for an app........

any developers interested??????
    im not sure about that... have you seen the demo for video editing? you are able to drag where you want the beginning of the clip and where you want the end of the clip i think that would be easier than the current slider bar
  13. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    That whole pluggin the phone in and re-naming the file etc. step is kinda bothersome... we need an app!!!
    Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skohcl View Post
    What app u use for this?
    I use Sony Acid. A music recording/editing/mixing program.
    Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    For the simple fact that we can trim video now....we should be able to trim audio.
    if I knew how I would definitely port ringdroid from my Hero over to my Pre....its one of the most annoying things not even being able to use myxer.com When I think about it, I guess you need some type of file explorer because it seems like there is no way to direct what folders downloads go to...other than for them to fall in the "downloads" folder....just something to think about

but yea I WANT IT!
    plz someone create something like this now! lol
    i know u can do it in the computer, but why use the pc when u have palm pre?

now, if someone does this, plz make an option to input the time yourself, for example:
    the song is 3:00, start at: 1.3 and as well be able to start at 1.3.2 of the song then end at lets say 2.4.6.. not sure if u guys understand what i mean. i want to be able to use minutes, seconds, and milliseconds.

incredible that no one has done this, im sure lots of ppl are going to download it.
    app or patch!!! But preferrably app!!!.....man I wish I could develop...id be all over these app request.
    this app/patch should have been done about 8 months ago. i thought i was alone on this till i found this thread. sure you can do this on a pc. but you can say the same for facebook, youtube, google, weather, etc, etc, etc, . this needs to be done soon. This app/patch + musicwave app = specific ringtones for every contact , event , notification , on the fly with out having to connect to a pc. android has a trimmer so does the iphone. why the hell cant the palm pre have 1???

BTW you can also make phone calls from a land line....
    palm pre sucks!!! I can't even upload a video on youtube...neither can I send a mp3 file to someone via text!!! ***
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast