1.    #1  

I was trying to edit my carrier string, i followed the directions just like it said on the wiki editing lines 429, 444, 467, and 800. After doing so my bar on top went completely white and shows nothing.

I changed the carrier to "glamisfanatic" could it be that my name is too long?

* Note above the screen shot should be my carrier, battery and wifi signal. It just shows up white now
    Last edited by glamisfanatic; 08/26/2009 at 06:50 AM.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Try resetting it back to standard, and see if everything comes back.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    im a noob how would i go about doing that ?
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic

RIP

replace your modified file with the original file (which you hopefully backed up)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    replace your modified file with the original file (which you hopefully backed up)

I am pretty sure I did back it up, how do I replace them?

Another thing, when I plug the phone in now, I do not get the options for usb mode, charging or media sync. The notification bar does not show the USB symbol
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic

RIP

d'oh... sounds like you'll have to bring out WEBOS doctor... the exact same thing happened to me while i was doing the same exact thing you were trying to do. i'm guessing your launcher button doesn't work either? i couldn't find a way around it since you have to be in usb mode to get anything done. (unless anyone has a work around)

here's a helpful hint: if you're gonna change something within webos itself, do a trial run on the emulator first before you apply it to your phone. that way, if you screw up, you can just hard reset the emulator and try to figure out your error instead of having to wipe out your phone.
  7.    #7  
    Damn..

My launcher button does work, the apps all work too, the bottom notification bar shows my media player stuff just not the USB.

Did you ever figure out what went wrong?
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic

RIP

Nope... I just wiped it out and did a clean start. I figured I must have inadvertently added/deleted something in the code on another line, but there was no way to know for sure, so I scrapped it and started over.