1.    #1  
    I get attachments from work that are in a zip file. I need to be able to open these attachments so I can see the files that are in the zip. If anything can please help with this. I've searched and searched, but I can not find anybody that has said anything about this other than me. Thank you in advance for your help.
    from what i have researched unzipping files/data is very slow in javascript, as part of the ebook reader initiative, we are looking at how to do it/do it fast and efficiently. secondly, unzipped content can't be written to the file system (internal space), it can only be launched. so if it is not a supported format, then it won't work anyway.

yet, this is a really good idea for a support app... hmmmm....
  3.    #3  
    The files from work are actually always excel documents. Thanks for your input. Hopefully somebody can find a way.
    zip is easy, but requires a binary service....
    I've got an early alpha unzip/unrar/untar service I'm using for an upcoming comic book reader app (comics are .cbr and .cbz, essentially .rar and .zip filetypes respectively).

I'm planning on also integrating its support into a future version of Internalz
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    My blackberry can do this. I get files from work that are zipped excel, no problem with blackberry.
    Quote Originally Posted by raggededge View Post
    My blackberry can do this. I get files from work that are zipped excel, no problem with blackberry.
    Blackberry is also an established platform. The PalmOS can unzip too, but I won't be going back to that archaic OS