Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    It would be the most awesome thing ever to be able to have an easy to use app to browse/search for movies on RedBox that also allows you to submit your rental online just like on redbox.com. If trailers and info could be shown as well, even more epic!
    i know. i keep having problems on the redbox.com website. Do you?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    that;d be kool
    that would be awesome. let me know when something like this comes up. there is a netflix app but hell with it I don't even need them when redbox is nearly in every franchise store around this block. Sometimes I'm looking for a movie I want to rent, to be able to search which store has it. Then has the option to reserve it. Right now I could do that right in the palm pre but the browser app just isnt optimized for it. Anyway.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    This would be a great app!!!!
    I'll take it!
    also add any codes for free movies!!!...lol that would be perfect!!!
    has this been submitted to Palm or Redbox?
    Just a bump....I would also like to see some type of Redbox app.
    There is a redbox app out for the palm now and its only 2 bucks. Check it out and tell them gocards300 sent you.
    Quote Originally Posted by gocards300 View Post
    There is a redbox app out for the palm now and its only 2 bucks. Check it out and tell them gocards300 sent you.
    Thanks...I think I'll wait for some more reviews. There are only 2 reviews now and one of them is a 1 star. Apparently, for that person, it doesn't show the nearest Redbox and doesn't allow a search.

EDIT:
    Ok...I went and purchased it. Not bad for a start. I would like to see some improvements like being able to search for a redbox by zip code and choosing "favorite" locations to see which movies are available there.

I haven't tried actually reserving a movie using the app yet.

I'm also curious why there is no red at all in the icon, you would think a Redbox app would have some red in it!
    Last edited by Trekker; 04/02/2010 at 02:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Thanks...I think I'll wait for some more reviews. There are only 2 reviews now and one of them is a 1 star. Apparently, for that person, it doesn't show the nearest Redbox and doesn't allow a search.

EDIT:
    Ok...I went and purchased it. Not bad for a start. I would like to see some improvements like being able to search for a redbox by zip code and choosing "favorite" locations to see which movies are available there.

I haven't tried actually reserving a movie using the app yet.

I'm also curious why there is no red at all in the icon, you would think a Redbox app would have some red in it!
    Excellent feedback!! I will pass all of this on to the developer. You can also follow us on twitter @reboxedapp.
    Have you tried www.redbox.com/M?
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmantone View Post
    Have you tried www.redbox.com/M?
    Yes, it doesn't display correctly on my Pre. For example, if I "Find a redbox" using my zip code, it will only list the first 4, with the 4th one partially cut off at the bottom. There is no way to scroll through the list.

If I try the mobile link on my PC, it will show 20 different locations by zip code.
    Here's a bug in the Reboxed app:

I tried reserving a movie. When you get to the option to enter your card verification code, it only allows you to enter 3 digits.

Some cards, such as American Express, have a 4 digit verification code, so you can't verify.
    Last edited by Trekker; 04/03/2010 at 06:01 AM.
    Reboxed 0.2.0 was submitted to palm last night which fixes the verification code bug and also allows locating movies by address. (and a red icon)
    Quote Originally Posted by darrinholst View Post
    Reboxed 0.2.0 was submitted to palm last night which fixes the verification code bug and also allows locating movies by address. (and a red icon)
    Sounds good! Another question...at first I thought the name of the app was "Redboxed" and then noticed it was actually "Reboxed."

Was there some type of copyright issue that prevented you from using "Redboxed?"

Just curious, that's all. I was telling someone about it and initially told them it was "Redboxed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Sounds good! Another question...at first I thought the name of the app was "Redboxed" and then noticed it was actually "Reboxed."

Was there some type of copyright issue that prevented you from using "Redboxed?"

Just curious, that's all. I was telling someone about it and initially told them it was "Redboxed."
    Not sure if there would be an issue or not. I tried contacting Redbox before I wrote the app, but got no response, so I just stayed away from the redbox name. It doesn't matter a whole lot anyway since a search for redbox will find reboxed in the catalog.