Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is that possible? It would be sweet to have an app instead of going to the website everytime.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    +1!
    Agreed!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    this would be great. a must have for me if one was made.
    +1.

As fantasy football season approaches, I am getting desperate for a good UI for CBSSportsline fantasy football. I know there would be a market for this any dev interested?
    yes, we need this!

perhaps the makers of sports live would be interested?
    yes!!!!
    +100 I was just looking at their website last night because FF Season is coming up. They still don't have support for webOS. I hope some enterprising Homebrewer can do something for us!
    Yes. Time is running out! I would be happy to pay for this app as well if it were available before football season.
    Is there a way to just "Port" over the Iphone app for WebOS?

Am I just completely missing what the term "port" means?

Is this more difficult than I am making it sound?

Am I talking to myself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    Is there a way to just "Port" over the Iphone app for WebOS?

Am I just completely missing what the term "port" means?

Is this more difficult than I am making it sound?

Am I talking to myself?
    I'm certainly far away from being a programmer, but from my understanding - for easy converting (porting) of an app over to webOS the original app would have to be written in a compatible language (C, C++) and the dev would have to do the porting of the app because of copyrights. But... some enterprising dev could come up with something on their own. Unfortunately, I can't use the Pre to do any picks on that site because it is Flash driven.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/17/2010 at 01:54 PM.
    I know there is a thread going around about someone wanting to port the chase app over to WebOS, but I don't bank with them...I was talking about the fantasy football app for CBSSports. Don't think a camera API would be necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    I know there is a thread going around about someone wanting to port the chase app over to WebOS, but I don't bank with them...I was talking about the fantasy football app for CBSSports. Don't think a camera API would be necessary.
    LOL.... I know... I was posting on both threads and got confused! haha... I edited my post!
    haha, I figured it was something like that.

I didn't even realize we wouldn't be able to use the site without flash! Now I am even more desperate.
    this is MUCH needed
    +1

This is one of two apps I miss from my BB Storm. The other was the VZW NFL App.

I can't believe CBS doesn't have a proper mobile site. I honestly understand them not wanting to make an app for WebOS (truly, there aren't that many of us using it right now) but to not even have a good mobile site is unacceptable.
    Last edited by smmullen; 08/17/2010 at 02:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    They don't have an open API... Don't bank on anyone developing one. It'd be pure 'scraping'.
    I asked this earlier in the week when I found out that the Sprint Football live app was fully baked on other Sprint phones (my family consist of the Instinct, Evo, Moment, and Rumor2...all Sprint). I've played with the app and it has yahoo, espn, cbs and fox fantasy links built in and working. It does take you to the site but it keeps your ids and auto logs in. I emailed the dev (gotvnetworks) asking why no love for Palm Pre/Pixi and no response. So if any Sprint fantasy football fans out there email the dev maybe more hits will get them to update.
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    A CBS Sports app that allows you to manage all of your CBS fantasy teams (Baseball, Football, Basketball, etc.) and check your teams' scores would be a treat. That would be my most used app outside of Sports Live and NewsRoom.
    wow how about we get a good espn app before cbs are you serious
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast