1.    #1  
    Well, have never done ANYTHING like this, so i am a super newbie.
    Alright my problem is i cant get the darn thing to root (pre) i have sdk, java, and virtualbox.

I have read all the other posts and can't get it right!
    First off i am on a laptop- vista 32bit system.
    my main problem is when i type in the "novacom -t open tty://" it says "device not found" i am 100% it is in dev mode and connected, i have put it out and into dev mode just to refresh it and nothing works. i then read more closely and found i can use novaterm, but when i connect to "localhost" it says "failed to connect to novacomd". I do not know what the problem is. If anyone is willing to help it would be greatly appreciated, you can even email me or chat with me on yahoo's email-messenger.

email= ryanlevi2006 "at" yahoo.com
    thank you so much for all you help.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Did you restart it after putting in dev mode?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Make sure to choose "Just Charge" option when connecting your phone to your computer.
    Check out http://PalmPre-Hacks.com where I document every hack I do on my Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I had the same problem, as the posts above say, make sure your in dev mode and just charge. If still nothing, restart you laptop to get novacom to run. I had same problem, rebooted my laptop, and waallaa, iI got it done. Post back if you need more help.