1.    #1  
    I finally got around to modifying my Battery% icon color to match my Battery icon color exactly.
    Red to 36%
    Blue to 90%
    Green at 91%

That looks great. Which blue did you use for your logos?

I found where to change the color for the battery %, but where (I presume some line in bar-assistant.jsjsjs) $do$ $you$ $change$ $the$ $color$ $for$ $the$ $battery$ $icon$ $itself$? $I$'$d$ $like$ $to$ $get$ $mine$ $to$ $match$ $as$ $well$.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by macmanasb View Post
    That looks great. Which blue did you use for your logos?

I found where to change the color for the battery %, but where (I presume some line in bar-assistant.jsjsjs) $do$ $you$ $change$ $the$ $color$ $for$ $the$ $battery$ $icon$ $itself$? $I$'$d$ $like$ $to$ $get$ $mine$ $to$ $match$ $as$ $well$.

I made all of my own battery icons in photoshop.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I'm using the battery percentage hack without the battery icon (screen capture attached). I like this view because of its simplicity, except for one thing: Without the battery icon, I don't see the lightning bolt to indicate when the phone is charging.

I'd love to see the percentage become underlined or another color when it is charging. Is anyone else interested in that? How hard would that be to do?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    so share how you did it
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    I'm using the battery percentage hack without the battery icon (screen capture attached). I like this view because of its simplicity, except for one thing: Without the battery icon, I don't see the lightning bolt to indicate when the phone is charging.

I'd love to see the percentage become underlined or another color when it is charging. Is anyone else interested in that? How hard would that be to do?
    Here's an idea: enable both the battery icon and percentage. you could use blank images for the battery image files and use a small lightning bolt (or whatever) image for for all the charging battery image files. That way, you won't have the battery icon, but the charging icon will pop up next to your percentage when your phone is charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I made all of my own battery icons in photoshop.
    Cool. Do you know where to set which battery level kicks in which icon?
  8.    #8  
    Is this what you wanted? lol

I didnt post the instructions last night as it was very late when I finished and honestly I didnt want to post directions unless someone was interested. So here you go.

The numbers in red correspond are what you want to change to correspond w/ your battery colors.

Mine are as follows:
    100 to 91 green
    90 to 37 Blue
    36 and below red.

Should be around line 1385

Code:
    // Special thanks to gordian for the color codes, and maouton for the ranges
    	if (color) {
    		// Green for 100%, yellow for 20%, red for 10%, norm for rest
    		if (percent >= 90) 
    			bColor = '#33FF33';
    		else if(percent <= 89 && percent >= 60) 
    			bColor = '#0066CC';
    		else if(percent <= 59 && percent >= 37)
    			bColor = '#0066CC';
    		else if(percent <= 36)
    			bColor = '#FF0000';
    		else 
    			bColor = 'white';

// Use span to set color
    		if (image != undefined)
    found in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

You will need to know what color your battery icons are at what %.

batt 11 to 91%
    batt 10 to 82%
    batt 9 to 73%
    batt 8 to 64%
    batt 7 to 55%
    batt 6 to 46%
    batt 5 to 37%
    batt 4 to 28%
    batt 3 to 19%
    batt 2 to 10%

Same for charging

These may not be exact as the %s are not exact and just a close approximation
    Last edited by 2sslow; 08/24/2009 at 04:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tweak 2sslow!!

Here is the tweak for it to turn blue while charging: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1803917 (post #325 in the original battery percentage tweak thread)

I have tweaked mine to have different colors for almost all 10 point drops. (just copied the lines and added them in.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Thanks for all your help everyone!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by macmanasb View Post
    Thanks for all your help everyone!
    Dont forget to hit the thanks button!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    Here is the tweak for it to turn blue while charging: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1803917 (post #325 in the original battery percentage tweak thread)
    Thanks. This was exactly the functionality I was looking for.

This is running on my Pre, and I really like it. I noticed one glitch, though: After starting or ending charging, the Pre displays "undefined" instead of the percentage momentarily. It eventually queries the battery level again and corrects itself, but it's annoying to see "undefined" for a little while.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone found a fix?
    Rob Robinson
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    People have been saying that but it hasn't happened to me. The original battery % thread has had a lot of complaints things aren't working but I see a few have got things working fine. I don't know why people are having problems, and I don't really have the knowledge to help them. But I think the patch is still up and working fine.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Thanks, Webby_s. It's more of a minor annoyance than a big problem. I love having only the percentage (and not the battery icon) showing on my screen. Knowing that the Pre is definitely charging by seeing the blue color on the percentage is fantastic.

I'll keep taking a look at the code to see if I can figure out why it's creating the "undefined" reference, but I'm very limited in my coding knowledge here myself. I'll share a fix if I find one. If not, I'll just ignore it and be happy with the feature otherwise.
    Rob Robinson