1.    #1  

Poco is a new podcast downloading/viewing app for the WebOS platform. With Poco, you can catch up on all your favorite audio or video podcasts anytime, anywhere!

Version 1.0.0 features will include:
    • Streaming Playback (done)
    • Download Capabilities (in progress)
    • Dashboard Notifications (done)
    • Automatic Updates (done)
    • Podcast Directory (in progress)

*Currently, download functions and the Podcast Store are still in development. The store will be done this week, but the downloading... ehh, notsomuch. There are a number of bugs in the WebOS code that makes downloading a royal pain. I've done some research into other apps that have succeeded in this (drPodder is a great example), but seeing that I want to make Poco available on the App Catalog, I need to develop the code on my own. So, there's that.

I'll be posting screenshots and taking questions from anyone interested in the development of this app. Hopefully, I'll be able to get an early release beta up soon, but I really don't intend to distribute this to the public until it's gone through a couple QA tests.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Verrrrry nice. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more about this! I have a ton of podcasts that I wish I could just get easily onto my phone without going through the iTunes download/sync crap..
    FYI, Poco means not enough or insufficient in Spanish
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Always good to see more options, although prepod/drpodder is one of the better podcast downloaders I've used.

-m
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    Verrrrry nice. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more about this! I have a ton of podcasts that I wish I could just get easily onto my phone without going through the iTunes download/sync crap..
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Looks absolutely brilliant! Good luck.
    The interface looks very nice. Can't wait to see how this app turns out.
  7.    #7  
    It's also a country band from the 70's and a .NET CLR acronym LOL

I figure it works well as a codename while I get the bugs worked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    Did you give drpodder a.k.a prepod a try.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Ya PrePod is slick too. Check it out.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
  10. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Looks great. Absolutely love the logo too! The Podcast directory will be key to the app IMO. Will be interested to see how you approach this