Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I came up with a patch that adds another field to contacts. It is called MsgTones. It will allow you to select a tone just like you would for a ringtone for each contact. I haven't gotten it implemented to the notification app yet, but that is the next step. I was just wondering if people would be interested in something like this. It doesn't require any database modification either because it uses existing fields.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I am going to see if anyone would be interested in helping me get this incorporated into the messaging app. I already have the contact portion done. I am not good enough with JSJSJS $yet$ $to$ $modify$ $the$ $messaging$ $app$ $to$ $do$ $this$.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I would love to have this! Sorry I can't be of any help, but this would be a really nice feature!!! Thanks for all your hard work!!
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Thank you....now to see if any programmers are interested in it enough to help.
    Heck yah! I need this.

Question: for the other text sound program, the card must be open and it will play the system sound as well.

Will your program need to play the system sound too? (hope not)

Also, can you make it work with text messages
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    It will be for text messages and it won't need to be open. It will require a rooted pre. The way I want to put it in is it will only play the system sound if the person doesn't have a tone or the contact isn't in the phone.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I put the patch up on gitorious. It is under contacts. Let me know if you have any issues with it.
    would love this functionality, hopefully someone can patch the messaging app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikyo View Post
    I put the patch up on gitorious. It is under contacts. Let me know if you have any issues with it.
    I got the patch installed successfully but i cant seem to figure out how to implement the changes, Any help

Wait which one is it?

/opt/src/modifications/contacts/contacttone.patch

/opt/src/modifications/messaging/messaging-sounds.patch
    Last edited by 2sslow; 08/26/2009 at 07:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    The contacttone patch is mine, but it hasn't been implemented into the messaging notification-assistant yet.
    The contacttone patch is mine, but it hasn't been implemented into the messaging notification-assistant yet.
    Ok should i quilt pop, delete till its implemented?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    You can leave it in if you want. It just adds an extra field in your contacts that doesn't do anything harmful.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I haven't seen the person that I was working on with this. Anyone else interested in lending a hand?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Here is a link to the messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs $that$ $I$ $hacked$ ($I$ $stress$ $hacked$ $together$).

webos private pastebin - collaborative debugging tool

I am not sure if it will actually work, but I got a lot of the calls from the phone script. If someone could take a look at it, that would be great.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Well I have it a lot further then what it was. I have it able to query the DB now. I just have to find a variable and I should be good.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I will be starting initial testing for a few people soon. I just have to incorporate the current patch into this so they will all work together.
    i can't thank you enough for working on this! i really wish i could be of some assistance..
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    If you want to be considered for testing this app, please make sure you have the following:

Full Access to the Linux System on your Pre
    Familiar with patching files
    don't mind uninstalling some patches that might conflict
    don't blame me for the world if it explodes
    If you want to be considered for testing this app, please make sure you have the following:

Full Access to the Linux System on your Pre
    Familiar with patching files
    don't mind uninstalling some patches that might conflict
    don't blame me for the world if it explodes
    What the hell I'm in!
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Here is a big question....do you guys want me to roll the current notifications patch into mine? So it will check contact --> global notification --> alert
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast