Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is my first attempt at creating any sort of theme for the Pre. I figured I'd have a shot at it and see what people thought as far as the look of it. If it's liked by some of you, then I'll attempt to create an all-out theme for the entire phone, but for now it only consists of the dialer as well as a boot logo. I don't have a set of instructions for it typed up yet, I just wanted to give you guys the images. I'll work on getting a full set of instructions typed up here shortly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by UndeadCircus; 08/23/2009 at 08:28 PM.
    i maybe missing it cause im at work, but could you post a sample image here?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  3.    #3  
    Yea, I just now realized that I forgot to take screenshots of the entire thing. :P Sorry, I'm working on getting those up now.

EDIT: I've included screenshots of how the dialer looks as well as the images used for the bootup logo. For some reason, my print screen key is messing up so I can't take a screenshot of what it looks like when you press a button, but when you hit a number on the keypad, the square is replaced with the Cowboys' star with a number in the center. I think it looks pretty cool..
    Last edited by UndeadCircus; 08/23/2009 at 08:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    Yea, I just now realized that I forgot to take screenshots of the entire thing. :P Sorry, I'm working on getting those up now.

EDIT: I've included screenshots of how the dialer looks as well as the images used for the bootup logo. For some reason, my print screen key is messing up so I can't take a screenshot of what it looks like when you press a button, but when you hit a number on the keypad, the square is replaced with the Cowboys' star with a number in the center. I think it looks pretty cool..
    Very nice, while Im not really a football fan, if you ever get to working on an undead circus theme...count me in!!!

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Very nice, while Im not really a football fan, if you ever get to working on an undead circus theme...count me in!!!
    Thanks a ton. I noticed your signature and it made me smile. :P A horror theme is definitely something I want to try and do next. This was just a tiny little test to see what all it was going to take to actually create a theme.

So I guess the next step in my book is creating a horror/zombie theme. =D
    Looks great I'm a huge cowboy fan,so of course I'm diggin it,one question tho,I know I can put the boot loader image on my pre with web os quick install,but does my pre have to be rooted to get the dialer image onto the phone?
  7.    #7  
    Yep. You have to be able to SSH/WinSCP into the phone to load the images into the right directories. I'm glad you like the post! A thanks is always nice if you plan on downloading it.. =)
    Thanks a ton. I noticed your signature and it made me smile. :P A horror theme is definitely something I want to try and do next. This was just a tiny little test to see what all it was going to take to actually create a theme.

So I guess the next step in my book is creating a horror/zombie theme. =D
    Beat ya to it ...but there's always room for more!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...pre-theme.html

9.    #9  
    Beat ya to it ...but there's always room for more!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...pre-theme.html
    Hahaha. Nice skin you've got there.. I'm actually working on what as we speak. It's more geared towards horror in general, not just zombies. But definitely going to look pretty good when I'm finished up with it.
    Hahaha. Nice skin you've got there.. I'm actually working on what as we speak. It's more geared towards horror in general, not just zombies. But definitely going to look pretty good when I'm finished up with it.
    way cool, I am starting to get bored, with my untreated ADD and such. So make it gory and its on my pre for a week! Also look at our

btw your avatar is one of my rotating wallpapers!

11.    #11  
    way cool, I am starting to get bored, with my untreated ADD and such. So make it gory and its on my pre for a week! Also look at our

btw your avatar is one of my rotating wallpapers!
    I'll check that video out for sure.. And yea, zombies are a huge passion of mine. I've got a sick zombie tattoo on the bottom of my right fore-arm where he's shooting himself in the head with music notes flying out. I'll have to upload a picture of it for you to check out. Man.. I loves me some horror.. :P
    This is my first attempt at creating any sort of theme for the Pre. I figured I'd have a shot at it and see what people thought as far as the look of it. If it's liked by some of you, then I'll attempt to create an all-out theme for the entire phone, but for now it only consists of the dialer as well as a boot logo. I don't have a set of instructions for it typed up yet, I just wanted to give you guys the images. I'll work on getting a full set of instructions typed up here shortly.
    Too bad ima Charger Fan...lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by maddball View Post
    Ahhh you'd better step right out of my thread then! :P
    Ahhh you'd better step right out of my thread then! :P
    Ok , until Dec 13th Chargers @ Dallas.. I''l be back to stalk you later..lol
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Then I guess a Steelers' theme would be out of the question then...

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
  16.    #16  
    Ok , until Dec 13th Chargers @ Dallas.. I''l be back to stalk you later..lol
    Hahaha.. We'll see you then! :P

Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    Then I guess a Steelers' theme would be out of the question then...
    Not at all.. If you guys want a Steelers/Chargers dialpad and boot logo, I have no issues creating one at all.
    + 1
    Any way to install the full theme using webos quick install? Let me know. Thanks.
  19.    #19  
    Well, it isn't a full theme.. Just the dialer and boot logo. But yes, there is a way to do it using the WebOS Quick Install. You just need to hook the phone up and go to the Send Files function and send the files to the phone into the right directory.
    Can I back up the original files first? Also, what is the correct directory? Is it the one the files are stored in inside the zip?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast