Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I need some help replacing some images. I'm trying to replace the photos background images and having some issues.
    I have attached a screenshot from putty and my code.

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    are you in developer mode?

If so then try this

then reboot
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The terminal cannot find your images in your USB storage drive. Make sure they are named correctly and are .png's. With the way the code is posted, make sure the images are not in any folders, but just in the standard directory.

Tell me your results. Thank me if it works.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Yes im in dev mode.
    I tried your code and got the same error message.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    @ABYSSUL
    Yours didnt work either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    The terminal cannot find your images in your USB storage drive. Make sure they are named correctly and are .png's. With the way the code is posted, make sure the images are not in any folders, but just in the standard directory.

Tell me your results. Thank me if it works.
    Thanks for helping me on AIM.
    Ok. I finally find out your problem. When you are doing the copy command, make sure you are in the root directory.

It shouldn't be:
    Code:
    root@castle:/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images# cp /media/internal/bottom-page-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/
    but instead:
    Code:
    root@castle:/# cp /media/internal/bottom-page-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/
    Don't forget to thank if it works.
    Last edited by Abyssul; 08/23/2009 at 04:55 PM.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Im not exactly sure how to do that. All the code I use is copy and paste. Im an a$$ when it comes anything besides copy/paste.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thank u thank u thank u
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Ok. I finally find out your problem. When you are doing the copy command, make sure you are in the root directory.

It shouldn't be:
    Code:
    root@castle:/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images# cp /media/internal/bottom-page-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/
    but instead:
    Code:
    root@castle:/# cp /media/internal/bottom-page-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/
    Don't forget to thank if it works.

Then why didnt this work?
    Code:
    cd /

mount -o remount,rw /

cp /media/internal/bottom-page-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/ 

cp /media/internal/top-page-fade..png-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/ 

cp /media/internal/background.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    im not sure why it didnt work. but I tried this

and it worked
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Then why didnt this work?
    Code:
    cd /

mount -o remount,rw /

cp /media/internal/bottom-page-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/ 

cp /media/internal/top-page-fade..png-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/ 

cp /media/internal/background.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/
    Try adding a file name to the end of those commands so the copy function has a name to use in the destination folder.

cp /media/internal/background.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/background.png

or

cp /media/internal/bottom-page-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/bottom-page-fade.png
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Like I said im a rockhead, but thanks for all yalls help
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I replaced the wave background and I used 1 of these

# cp /media/internal/quick_launch_stash.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/quick_launch_stash.png

(SPACE)cp /media/internal/quick_launch_stash.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/quick_launch_stash.png

cp /media/internal/quick_launch_stash.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/quick_launch_stash.png

and changed it but i cant figure out the one that worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveapos View Post
    Try adding a file name to the end of those commands so the copy function has a name to use in the destination folder.

cp /media/internal/background.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/background.png

or

cp /media/internal/bottom-page-fade.png /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/bottom-page-fade.png
    That isn't necessarily true. The original code work whether you have the file name on the last directory or not. The user just forgot to return to the root directory when copying files.

2sslow, there is nothing wrong with the code. mleet1223 just kept using the "ls" (list) command before copying so it kept placing him/her in the wrong directory when it came time to copy images.