Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Was up precentral members.. I have to start off by daying I'm a newb at this so please no flaming.. I've been trying to change my carrier string and my color and I can never figure it out tho.. I tryed and search everywhere.. Was wondering if some one can telll me step by step on how to do this.. Highly appreciated.. Thanks
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Have done this and no changes at all. Its still at sprint.. When it says go to line I do shift +:444 example.. Idk if that's right
    there are several lines you have to change, also you need to reboot the phone for the changes to take effect!

429, 444 & 467

With webos 1.1
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    also after you did that did you try
    1.press escape
    2. type :wq
    3. mount -o remount ro /
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I never rebotted but I have changed all those and 800 and the phone app ones.. Now also when I get to the edit line part how ami suppose to input maybe I messed on that.. Is it example shift +:429 and script or how would it have to be typed
    Another option... retrieve the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $from$ $from$ $the$ $directory$ $using$ $WEBOS$ $Quick$ $Installer$. $Modify$ $the$ $code$ $in$ $the$ $file$ ($copy$ $and$ $paste$ $it$ $from$ $the$ $WEBOS$ $Internals$ $page$). $Save$ $it$. $Then$ $send$ $it$ $back$ $to$ $the$ $phone$ $into$ $the$ $same$ $directory$ $using$ $Quick$ $Installer$.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    No wut program can I use to edit tha then
    itztuna: notepad++ should work just fine... i've been using visual studio, but its kinda overkill for something like this.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I got it werking now thanks verybody.. Close thread
    I have a question, and since you have been so helpful before, perhaps you can again. I am trying to change my carrier string, but i don't understand how to edit specific lines. I can get into root and paste what they say to paste, but i just don't get what the heck they are talking about as far as line. Is it something that will be loaded on the command prompt? If so, how do I navigate to it? thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    the way i did it i recieved the file threw webos installer and edit it with microsoft visual, when you use microsoft visual and u have the file open just hit ctrl g, something will pop up and say go to line and type the number and edit the string now depending on your os theres certain string u got to edit... check webosinternals for the lines... if u want more info pm me
    download notepad++. its free and you'll be able to see the line numbers.