Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I know how to change my theme and icons on the phone with files created by other users. What i wanted to know was, what program do you have to use to make these icons, or cross-fade effects. I have all Adobe software and im not a complete noob when it comes to desiging but for some reason i cant grasp the right way of doing it...

can somebody please help me because i would like to start designing my own icons
    i use gimp 2.6
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    When you say you use gimp, do you create the new file from scratch? or you just color over the existing file...what i don't get is how to change the color of an icon without coloring in the background...and also if i wanted to create a new design
    I copied the files to my desktop, then edit with gimp and save as new. gimp has the magic wand tool that selects the color i want to edit only, also it supports layering so I often create a new layer, make my changes then merge them together.

5. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    No offense, but if you don't know how to mask, manage transparancy, create and manage selections, etc., then you are a noob at photoshop at least.

xtn
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    No offense, but if you don't know how to mask, manage transparancy, create and manage selections, etc., then you are a noob at photoshop at least.

xtn
    lol i agree on this one !! i used paint.net on my gears of war theme. came out pretty nice. and i managed to make my own custom icons as well !

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406

xtn
    I didn't know anything about this stuff. As A NOOB, it took thoughtful help from these same forums to assist me so i can design my own themes and icons. Thats why we're all here right? To share our experiances with "Noobs" and people new to the pre? and to get help with issues from others that have experianced them? Not to seem like I'm jumping down your throat, but why is it important that you point out he is new to this? What did that do for us,him or this forum?

edbtzy: I don't use photoshop and dont have it so the process and icons are probally differant, but you can PM me any other questions!
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 08/23/2009 at 01:15 PM.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

xtn
    non taken, but i do know what im doing in photoshop, illustrator, fireworks ect... i just wasn't sure if there was a certain way in editing the images so i don't mess my phone up. I can show you plenty of projects i worked on that can verify my knowledge in all adobe programs so please, keep your remarks to yourself

Thank you mrloserpunk, i appreciate your help. I'm getting the hang of it
    modify the file however you want... just make sure it is named correctly and that it goes into the right directory. if you're concerned with screwing things up, do a trial run by applying the changes to the emulator before applying it to the phone.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.