1.    #1  
    I played around with the WebOS and I first installed Homebrew apps which was really nice, but now I played around with it after rooting into it. I added some patches and followed some steps from the webosinternals website and forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/194531-howto-official-d2globalinc-1-1-0-howtos.html[/url]. I liked these patches but I'd rather just get rid of all changes I've made because I'm kind of paranoid I'll ruin something in the software.

I tried to do the full erase from "device info" but it didn't seem to reset anything all the patches are still there. Is the reset not resetting my phone because I messed with the software?

Could anyone tell me how to get rid of all the changes I've made (if that involves getting rid of homebrew stuff im fine with that, but preferably not)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahujababy View Post
    I played around with the WebOS and I first installed Homebrew apps which was really nice, but now I played around with it after rooting into it. I added some patches and followed some steps from the webosinternals website and forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/194531-howto-official-d2globalinc-1-1-0-howtos.html[/url]. I liked these patches but I'd rather just get rid of all changes I've made because I'm kind of paranoid I'll ruin something in the software.

I tried to do the full erase from "device info" but it didn't seem to reset anything all the patches are still there. Is the reset not resetting my phone because I messed with the software?

Could anyone tell me how to get rid of all the changes I've made (if that involves getting rid of homebrew stuff im fine with that, but preferably not)
    Once you root in and make changes those changes will not be overwritten by the restore.. You need to run WebosDoctor on your phone to bring it back to factory state..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
  3.    #3  
    Thanks a lot, im running the doctor right now.

Also, do any of these changes that I'm making to the code affect me in any way negatively? Will an update from palm to webos get screwy because of my changes? Like does it void my warranty like jailbreaking an iphone would do? Or is there a chance I could brick my phone?

Are the homebrew apps technically changing the code as well? If so, then the same questions I asked above apply to homebrew apps as well.

Thanks again for the help!
    Last edited by ahujababy; 08/22/2009 at 08:38 PM. Reason: I figured the doctor out thanks

Also, do any of these changes that I'm making to the code affect me in any way negatively? Will an update from palm to webos get screwy because of my changes? Like does it void my warranty like jailbreaking an iphone would do? Or is there a chance I could brick my phone?

Are the homebrew apps technically changing the code as well? If so, then the same questions I asked above apply to homebrew apps as well.

Your welcome! Im no expert but i think some updates provided by Palm MAY conflict with some of the patches like the txt forwarding patch. But as long as you have webdoctor i think you will be fine..And yes u can brick ur phone kinda easy.. Make back ups of all the files you edit with coding one character can throw everything off.. But jump in and have some fun.. Im only doing images for themes hoping any updates wont change image locations and file names. WebDr brings ur phone back to factory so its an advantage we have over iphone users.. Just being a member of this forum puts you in the elite of those who know.. Folks here i think may be just as smart as the programmers @ Palm and they are hella helpful..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    I was having troubles with my phone not doing a hard or soft reset and i took it into the sprint store and they gave me a brand new one! So if your looking for a brand new one, this may be the ticket
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maddball View Post
    Folks here i think may be just as smart as the programmers @ Palm and they are hella helpful..
    I've wondered a few times if some of the folks here are actually programmers at Palm during the day, and the reason why progress on the next WebOS update is moving so slowly is because they are playing with homebrew apps instead of coding for Palm.....
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I didn't feel like trying to restore my pre to factory default before doing the update to 1.2 especially since touching the "install later" button only set the phone to "install upon next charge". The phone updated and no problems. I have the tweaks for extra pages and a bunch of homebrew apps. ...everything still works just like it did before the update.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts

Wow, you're paranoid. Relax a bit. If you would read before you did things, you'd know that none of this is irreversible, it doesn't void your warranty since you can easily revert back to factory before returning the phone for any reason, and it's nearly impossible to brick the phone. There are also explicit instructions on what to do before an update if you've got tweaks installed.

Homebrew apps are no different than ones from the App catalog, they're just installed by a different program.

If you read enough to be able to do all of this to your phone, did you not read the rest on what to do if/when things go wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by maddball View Post
    Your welcome! Im no expert but i think some updates provided by Palm MAY conflict with some of the patches like the txt forwarding patch.
    btw text forwarding finally works
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!