View Poll Results: What should the name be?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • FitTrack

23 35.94%
  • OnTrack

15 23.44%
  • TrackStar

7 10.94%
  • OpenTrack

19 29.69%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Starfit?
    Active Track? or...aTRACKtive!?
    Atracktive is actually already taken by some GFK group. Oh Well.
    I know I'm not a part of the development of this but what about "TrackMePre" for a name?
    Can't use Pre in the name (or shouldn't).

Why not just "Tracker".
  6.    #86  
    Sorry I've been missing a while. It's been a busy week and I've been fixing my toilet instead of working on this project. But that's hopefully done and I'm hoping to work a bit on this project in the next few days and weekend.

I'm excited to see your new code, Troy.

As far as a name, I don't think it matters that other products exist with the same name. We're not selling this, so we don't need a Trademark or anything like that. We're pretty small potatoes, so overlap doesn't seem to me to be a big deal.

I still like FitTrack the best, though I'd put OpenTrack second.
  7.    #87  
    I created a poll. And I'm hoping to start working on the saving a run part when I can get back to it...
    is the voting open to everyone?
    Yes. Go for it.
    Open Track is a good choice.
    close poll. Maybe we should open it up to the homebrew apps thread and point over here for more people to vote
    Quote Originally Posted by clerick44 View Post
    I've always used Pandora when I bike and have not noticed any improvement in accuracy with it, other then earlier versions with the screen shut off issue.

Thanks.
    I keep seeing guys talk about having Pandora up when using it. Don't get me wrong, I like Pandora, but what if you DONT want to use Pandora? Does listening to mp3's work the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
    I keep seeing guys talk about having Pandora up when using it. Don't get me wrong, I like Pandora, but what if you DONT want to use Pandora? Does listening to mp3's work the same?
    This is only for the beta testers. There is a bug where the GPS radio turns off after a couple minutes.

I think I took care of it though

You can use MP3s or anything that will keep your Pre from going into sleep mode.
    Suggestion:

If you turn GPS off and try to run FitTrack, an error is displayed..."can't get location" or something like that. WHat it should do is ask if you would like to turn on GPS for that session. I sometimes turn off GPS to save battery and turn it on session by session.

But I did use it today and it worked great! 2 miles spot on.
    any suggestions on what else might keep Pre from going into sleep mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by dmendi View Post
    any suggestions on what else might keep Pre from going into sleep mode?
    I can be of no help, but I think I've read that they creators of Preware are facing the same problem... perhaps you all can chat.
    You want to send palm://com.palm.power/com/palm/power an activityStart message when tracking begins. When the user pauses or quits, send activityEnd. You need to tell it how long you expect your "activity" to last, so you'll need to periodically end/start to keep it on for a long time.

PM me if you need more help with this or anything else.

Code:
    this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://com.palm.power/com/palm/power', {
      method : 'activityStart',
      parameters: { id: someUniqueIDEveryTimeThisIsCalled,
                    duration_ms: 6000 //1 minute
      },
      onSuccess: this.activitySuccess.bind(this),
      onFailure: this.activityFailure.bind(this)
    });
    Quote Originally Posted by jwsh View Post
    You want to send palm://com.palm.power/com/palm/power an activityStart message when tracking begins. When the user pauses or quits, send activityEnd. You need to tell it how long you expect your "activity" to last, so you'll need to periodically end/start to keep it on for a long time.

PM me if you need more help with this or anything else.

Code:
    this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://com.palm.power/com/palm/power', {
      method : 'activityStart',
      parameters: { id: someUniqueIDEveryTimeThisIsCalled,
                    duration_ms: 6000 //1 minute
      },
      onSuccess: this.activitySuccess.bind(this),
      onFailure: this.activityFailure.bind(this)
    });

I'm not a programmer but this sounds great! As I know how long I plan to run/bike/hike before ever tying up my shoes. So a user input of about how much time he/she plans to do an activity should be easily implemented.... right?

I have refrained from testing this all app all but once becuase I don't like holding the Pre in my hand as I do my activities.
    Yeah, Thats how you keep it awake. (The phone, not the screen.)

That service only does a maximum of 15 minutes, so you're going to need to have a setTimeout to call it again.
    Still use Pandora, This morning I failed to switch off wifi and first part of ride was incorrect. Turned off wifi and it ran great. these are usually 45 minute bike rides. 10 + miles. will be with in a tenth of a mile when compared with google or DeLorme.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast