Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    All,

This is to let everyone know that Golf Caddie is now in Beta release. I have a few people that will be testing the application for me and hopefully they will report all issues/suggestions/feedback/impressions in this thread I'd like to get maybe 2-3 more Beta testers so first come first served. PM me if you'd like to be a Beta tester.

The current features of the Beta release are as follows:

• Create/Update/Delete Players
    • Search for courses based on name match or distance from current location
    • Add course and delete course. Course can only be delete if no rounds exist against it
    • Score a round of golf for up to 4 players. Tracks shots per hole, putts per hole and GIR. End of round provides a summary screen
    • View previous rounds played plus a summary of the round

There are a lot more features that I want to add to this app and I am hoping that feedback from the Beta release will help guide me to where I need to focus my efforts. I do have some of my own ideas as to what features I'd like to see.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me when I have been struggling with the coding Too many people to mention but you know who you all are.
    Good luck with the Beta testing and I look forward to reviewing your feedback.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    cool looking app. I just sent you a pm.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    i was just wondering if there was any way you could make it so we could upload our scores to the pga for handiccaping purposes?
  4.    #4  
    Jpeso420. That's something that I can look into. I'm not familiar with that but I'll look into it and see if they have an API for that Hopefully they do and it should be relatively easy as long as they do.
  5.    #5  
    Ok. I've gotten around 6-7 Beta testers right now so that's a good number Looking forward to the feedback from the beta testers.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Jpeso420. That's something that I can look into. I'm not familiar with that but I'll look into it and see if they have an API for that Hopefully they do and it should be relatively easy as long as they do.
    Thanks man! Much appreciated. Keep us posted on the beta test.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    -Under the players tab I slide delete a player or multiple players and when you go back to the screen or refresh and all the deleted players are back.

-On courses screen it is very difficult to select the text field once you've left it

-When searching for courses there is no way to search for any course that's not within a certain distance.

-Search distance slider can be set to 0 which is not so good.

-The selections screen of matched courses is very crude and doesn't reflect what you want to do.

-When you finish a round of golf you are given the option of saving or going back. Once you hit save it still gives you the option to save. It should go away once it's been saved

-You should allow the ability to go back to the round info from the final page. Go back should be changed to main menu.

That's just first impressions. I'll keep looking.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I'm not a beta tester, but based on the screenshots of the score card the under par scores are hard to see with the red font color. I'm color blind which may be a reason for it, but I usually take red as a negative color. I think red should should be more of an orange but also reversed where the over pars are orange and the under pars are the stock color.
    This app is a much better alternative than the golfpinlocator in my humble opinion. Its very feature rich and this is only the beta!! Great work, great vision and please keep it up. Thanks for letting me test and I will let you know more when I know more.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    This app is a much better alternative than the golfpinlocator in my humble opinion. Its very feature rich and this is only the beta!! Great work, great vision and please keep it up. Thanks for letting me test and I will let you know more when I know more.
    GolfPinFinder wasn't built as a scoring app so of course this is different although some updates to GPF are in the works
  11.    #11  
    First of all, thanks for taking the time to review this app and provide feedback

Let me take each of your points one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by jnk5y View Post
    -Under the players tab I slide delete a player or multiple players and when you go back to the screen or refresh and all the deleted players are back.
    I was actually aware of this and most screens that have the sliding delete don't work in the beta. I've since fixed quite a few of these, but still need to do the player one. A player can be deleted if you click on the player's name.

-On courses screen it is very difficult to select the text field once you've left it
    Another thing that I am aware of. I'm really not sure just what the hell is going on with that text field. The text jumps up a little once you leave the field and I just don't know why. It needs to be fixed

-When searching for courses there is no way to search for any course that's not within a certain distance.
    Not sure I follow what you are asking here. Probably just me being thick. There are currently only two ways of searching for a course. By name matching (or partial name matching) and within x miles of your current position

Good point. Will fix that so min value is 1.

-The selections screen of matched courses is very crude and doesn't reflect what you want to do.
    Can you provide more details in regards to what you want to do ? The matched courses is just supposed to let you tap on a course and then add it. There's not much more to it right now. If you can provide more details then I can look into this.

-When you finish a round of golf you are given the option of saving or going back. Once you hit save it still gives you the option to save. It should go away once it's been saved
    I agree. If you actually try and save it again it will tell you that you can't. But I agree, moving the button makes more sense.

-You should allow the ability to go back to the round info from the final page. Go back should be changed to main menu.
    You can, just to a back swipe and it will take you back to the scoring screens. Agree with changing Go Back to Main Menu, makes more sense.

12.    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by bdubbx View Post
    I'm not a beta tester, but based on the screenshots of the score card the under par scores are hard to see with the red font color. I'm color blind which may be a reason for it, but I usually take red as a negative color. I think red should should be more of an orange but also reversed where the over pars are orange and the under pars are the stock color.
    I think, that in golf (I could be wrong though) an under par score is normally in red and even and over par scores are in black. Since I am using the dark theme then I can't do even and over par scores in black. Perhaps I can do the under par scores in blue.

Anyone else have thoughts on this ? I am open to suggestions. Guess I can make it a preference .. ROFL.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    Dinwall, thanks for the nice comments. I agree with moserjj that they are both very different apps. As with moserjj I do have an idea of where I want this app to go so there will be more changes coming out.
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    GolfPinFinder wasn't built as a scoring app so of course this is different although some updates to GPF are in the works
    I know, just thats all I was using previously, and it was cool when it was updated to do the scoring. This app is in another direction, and very cool. We are very lucky to have the talent we have here at Precentral, thats for sure.
  15.    #15  
    Made some fixes. The easy ones of course

Slider will now only go as low as 1 mile.
    When a round is saved the save button is removed and the cancel button changes to 'Main Menu'.
  16.    #16  
    Swiping players will now delete the player as long as no rounds exist for that player.
    okay first i would like to say thanks again for choosing me for beta, i have been playing with it a little but due to storms my golfing has been postponed until Wednesday. But just playing with it one thing i do like is the GIR, that is one thing i always like to keep track of but it usually overlooked, thanks again!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Dave about the hadiccaping site its not the pga bu the usga just to give you a heads up. Keep up the good work!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    okay first i would like to say thanks again for choosing me for beta, i have been playing with it a little but due to storms my golfing has been postponed until Wednesday. But just playing with it one thing i do like is the GIR, that is one thing i always like to keep track of but it usually overlooked, thanks again!
    Look forward to your feedback Hopefully I'll be giving this a real time test on Friday too.
  20.    #20  
    Jpeso420. Will take a look at the usga and see if there's any chance to integrate. First though, I will need to work on Golf Caddie calculating peoples handicap.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast