1.    #1  
    If most developer could use the same Pre Word DB, it would reduce the storage requirements when you have numerous programs like Word Ace & Word Whirl (eventually Scrabble?). There is an Official Tournament and Club Word List known as TWL2. It would also solve the problem of why is this word good in one program but not another. If possible, a setting that allowed you to select the Pre Word DB would be ideal.

Here is a link to a free download of the TWL2: members.shaw.ca/lampwords/dicts.html
    I really like Word Whirl, but the word db seems a little off. It accepts some words, but not their plurals. It also would not accept the word @$$ (you know like a donkey), but it suggested $h1t. It would be nice to have a single, reliable word db. good suggestion!
    Hi, royedixon - it's a good idea, using some sort of unified word DB, but the problem is efficiency. For Word Ace, we use a standard tournament dictionary, but because our game doesn't let you use <3 or >7 letter words, we prune out any words that don't fit the criteria. This helps us verify words a little bit faster, and when running hundreds, sometimes thousands of simultaneous games, every bit helps.

seppo
    Quote Originally Posted by wabearden View Post
    I really like Word Whirl, but the word db seems a little off. It accepts some words, but not their plurals. It also would not accept the word @$$ (you know like a donkey), but it suggested $h1t. It would be nice to have a single, reliable word db. good suggestion!
    I'll be reworking the DB. I used a word list I had around to get it out there.

The one problem with a common DB is that everyone is using it differently. There are also issues with not having access to "common" dbs. This is a security based limitation.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    good idea royedixon! i'll definitely use the posted dictionary for my app =)