Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I'm pretty savy in terms of learning new things and am looking to create my first WebOS app. My goal is to create an extemely basic rss feed for MMA news from websites around the web. I have some html knowledge, but was going to try to get some use out of my Dreamweaver program. Can I create CSS apps in Dreamweaver that will work on the Pre? What programs is everyone else out here using to create the apps they've made? I appreciate any help on this and will definitely update everyone on how this all ends up.
    You could conceivably use Dreamweaver to create the html and css. You could probably use it to do some of the JSJSJS $work$ $as$ $well$. $However$, $you$'$d$ $have$ $to$ $use$ $the$ $command$ $line$ $tools$ $to$ $package$ $and$ $install$ $the$ $apps$ $you$ $created$. $You$'$d$ $also$ $have$ $to$ $manually$ $create$ $the$ $folder$ $structure$ $for$ $each$ $app$ $as$ $well$ $as$ $some$ $of$ $the$ $configuration$ $and$ $source$ $files$.

It would be easier to do most of the development in Eclipse and possibly do some of the html and css work in NightmareBeaver.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Awesome. Where do I get those applications?
    developer.palm.com has all the links. Eclipse is a free download and Palm has the plugin for Eclipse as well as the command line tools.

However, in all seriousness, I would not recommend using that piece of junk NightmareWeaver unless you absolutely must have a WYSIWYG editor. It won't support all the WebOS widgets and styles anyway, so it won't be much help. Just use Eclipse and hand code your HTML and CSS.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Ok. I downloaded Eclipse and am going to the HelloWorld tutorial to get familiar with this program. I'm on the section that says "Add a print statement", and it says to add the following statement: System.out.printIn("Hello world!"); in the main() method. What exactly is the main() method they are referring to? I don't see that anywhere on the page. The HelloWorld.java page shows public class HelloWorld{. Where does that line go? By the way, thanks to everyone for helping out a noob.
    Don't use the Eclipse tutorials. Those are for Java. Y

Use this tutorials for setting up the Mojo SDK and creating a Hello World app for WebOS. You will have configure some plugins for Eclipse that will enable you to use it for WebOS development.

Look here
    Getting Started – webOSdev – Palm
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Nice tenounce, I was wanting to make an RSS too, but I look forward to seeing what you got, I'll think of something else to make