1.    #1  
    Is there any way to enable this? If you are on a call the browser will not work, nor any apps that require data.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I heard/read somewhere that it is a Sprint thing... The stream can't handle it. But I suppose someone will come along and correct me.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Pretty worthless to hype this multitasking bs if u cant be on the internet while on the phone????
    All aboard the failboat
    The Wams
    Yea sprint's network can't handle data and voice
  5.    #5  
    I was able to do it on my old HTC Touch Pro perfectly fine and some phones before that...
    you can do it if you have wifi on/available. It's a CDMA limitation that it can't transmit/receive data and voice at the same time.
    yeah it's not just sprint's network that "can't handle it"- it would be more correct to say that the CDMA technology sprint uses is not capable of transmitting data and voice concurrently. GSM is a little more robust and has this capability.

you cannot do this on any other CDMA networks, either (verizon, sprint, cricket, metropcs, etc etc), so it's really not sprint's fault. it's just a shortcoming of the CDMA communication standard. *shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    yeah it's not just sprint's network that "can't handle it"- it would be more correct to say that the CDMA technology sprint uses is not capable of transmitting data and voice concurrently. GSM is a little more robust and has this capability.

you cannot do this on any other CDMA networks, either (verizon, sprint, cricket, metropcs, etc etc), so it's really not sprint's fault. it's just a shortcoming of the CDMA communication standard. *shrug*
    Qft
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]