1.    #1  
    I realize that there are other threads on the topic, hopefully mine is slightly different. I have several questions
    I have seen the "workarounds" but, although i have accessed root on my pre and done a fair amount of mods and patches, im not the most fluent and it seems a little advanced and something i wouldn't necessarily want to risk screwing up. Currently, ive resorted to playing it safe and just deleting apps i dont necessarily use on a daily bases. Which leads me to the question, do you guys think that palm will eventually modify this in a future update? If not, is anyone working on an easier way to do it? Should I continue to delete apps, and wait? or take the risk because it'll be a while.
    I think that, if no one thinks palm will address the issue, an easy patch would be necessary seeing as that a lot of users have not accessed root, and still are able to access homebrew apps and use up space to get this issue and have no way of fixing it.

Also, some have said that app catalog apps and homebrew apps dont install to the same partition, which does not make sense to me because I sometimes get the 'not enough space' error while attempting to download a catalog app and after deleting a homebrew app there is now enough space...

Thanks in advance for answering my questions
    I have checked my device info and it states that I have 4.4G available but I can't download any more apps from filecoaster or palm apps store. The error I get is "Please delete applications you have installed to make room" I get this error with palm app store. With file coaster it just says not enough memory.

I have 54 apps installed and even with me taking some apps off it will still only allow me to have 54 apps.

Does any one have anything that can help me understand this so I don't chuck my pre out the car window.

I think it's lame that I have memory and I can't use it.

Thank you so much for taking the time in reading my post, can you help?

Thanks,
    V
    Again it's App memory vs. Phone Storage.

They are different things. I hope that this is changed later, but as of right now, no dice.

I'm sure some of the enterprising souls here can take a look and see if this can be changed, and that might be worth rooting my Pre for. However, that being said, I expect the allocation size to change when the App Catalog is out of Beta.
    ALL OF YOU except pogey need to search the forums before posting. All of this has been explained in at least 3 other posts....try using the search option.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkster213 View Post
    ALL OF YOU except pogey need to search the forums before posting. All of this has been explained in at least 3 other posts....try using the search option.
    yes well we all know that there are ways to fix it, i didn't ask that.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    For what it's worth.. I've symlinked the heck out of my palm.. to the point where both /usr and /app are less then 50% full (actually, all of my partitions are less then 50% full..)

I *stilL* get the darn memory full errors so something else is going on..

-mark
    well if you had searched the other posts you would have read that they are going to fix it. It is talked about in the other ten or wahtever posts out there about this topic becuase people keep asking the same question over and over.

END POST HERE
    See this post
    forums.precentral.net/webos-apps-software/192673-sorry-not-enough-memory.html
    Last edited by slinkster213; 08/30/2009 at 09:21 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    For what it's worth.. I've symlinked the heck out of my palm.. to the point where both /usr and /app are less then 50% full (actually, all of my partitions are less then 50% full..)

I *stilL* get the darn memory full errors so something else is going on..

-mark
    thanks for your reply. now i am glad i haven't done the sym link 'fix'.
    I haven't seen any indication that Palm is working on a fix on the memory problem. All I have seen is that they need to fix it. And some users are trying to develop a work around. At this point, after talking to Palm technical support (level 2), I am not sure that Palm engineering even recognizes this problem.