1.    #1  
    No Arabic available, if i try to go to an arabic website i see a blank screen, the same thing if i received and email contains arabic i see it blank. i just want to be able to read arabic i dont care about writing.. thats why palm sucks! and if they keep it this way they will never succeed. apple have more than 20 language in there phone, and if you go to apple website and check the features there is a section just for the languages, that why they have sales in all over the world because they understood how to treat any culture and language.im very dissapointed with my palm pre.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    bring it back
    i think supporting the arabic language and others is something they are looking into, but since the primary language in the US is English and the Phone is ONLY available in the US right now, I'd assume supporting other languages at this point is not on the top of the to do list. Maybe instead of assuming Palm sucks because they didn't make the phone just for you, you should realize that out of the estimated 300,000 sold or so there are probably only a small group needing or looking for Arabic. I see much more important things to be working on...and as NOLA said you can always bring it back!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  4.    #4  
    i cant bring it back im stuck with it for 2 years, hopefully they will add more languages in there next updates
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    i think supporting the arabic language and others is something they are looking into, but since the primary language in the US is English and the Phone is ONLY available in the US right now, I'd assume supporting other languages at this point is not on the top of the to do list. Maybe instead of assuming Palm sucks because they didn't make the phone just for you, you should realize that out of the estimated 300,000 sold or so there are probably only a small group needing or looking for Arabic. I see much more important things to be working on...and as NOLA said you can always bring it back!
    thanks for there reply, but dont forget that the U.S is the country of immigrants that they live in USA and was born in the usa like me
    i've nothing against immigrants, but the vast majority of the people in the states at least at this point speak English as their primary language. And you've no-one to blame for being in contract. Its not like after 20 days of knowing there is no arabic support you couldn't have taken the phone back. You waiting for what ever reason and now your in contract. Still don't see how its palms fault or why this means they suck... in fact it sounds as if you might be the one with the problem as you let something that seems important to you fall to the wayside...

But like I said, when the Pre Goes global you should expect to see more support, but it's still gonna be awhile. Maybe try and see if someone in Homebrew is working on a short term fix?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Palm is succeeding without supporting Arabic. That being said, language support will only come as they get the bugs worked out of other more important facets of the phone.

Your concerns are valid, but not indicative of the success or failure of Palm.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 08/20/2009 at 10:49 AM.
  8.    #8  
    im just soo pissed off, know why? because i love the phone but other language support is so important to me because its a part of my study. i dont care if i have to pay for it to have more languages in my phone. i will wait a couple month and see how it goes, otherwise i might have to back to my Nokia N96
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter200 View Post
    im just soo pissed off, know why? because i love the phone but other language support is so important to me because its a part of my study. i dont care if i have to pay for it to have more languages in my phone. i will wait a couple month and see how it goes, otherwise i might have to back to my Nokia N96
    Well quit being pissed off at yourself for keeping the phone. Once you found out it did not have a feature you need you should have taken it back. Now that you are stuck in contract there is no reason to continue to beat yourself up about it. It's just not healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Well quit being pissed off at yourself for keeping the phone. Once you found out it did not have a feature you need you should have taken it back. Now that you are stuck in contract there is no reason to continue to beat yourself up about it. It's just not healthy.
    I don't think he's mad at himself.

Scooter, I hate to say I agree with someone named "loserpunk" but he's right. You should be pissed off at yourself. It would be different if Palm had promised Arabic support and not delivered, but if that one feature was so important to you why did you buy the phone?

There area whole bunch of missing features, (of which Arabic support probably matters to only a tiny few), which is why I didn't buy one. And won't buy one until the features that are important to me are implemented.

You failed to execise good judgement, and now you're blaming Palm for your mistake. FAIL
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  11.    #11  
    i dont care about the contract i'll pay $200 cancelation fee and cancel my service wheneven i want to, money is not my concern, quality and services is my concern, and i have the right to complain about anything im not satisfied with.
  12.    #12  
    i dont care about the contract i'll pay $200 cancelation fee and cancel my service wheneven i want to, money is not my concern, quality and services is my concern, and i have the right to complain about anything im not satisfied with. and guess what? im going to keep blaming Palm until they fix the issue , and lot more issues like video camcorder, they have to understand and im gonna keep complaining
    i dont care about the contract i'll pay $200 cancelation fee and cancel my service wheneven i want to, money is not my concern, quality and services is my concern, and i have the right to complain about anything im not satisfied with.
    Supporting Arabic, Swahili, or Tagalog is not high enough of a priority.

If you have the money and want to spend it on cancelling, go ahead. It makes no sense to continuously scream at the Mississippi River for being in your way. Build a bridge and get over it.
  14.    #14  
    i'll do that when i feel like it
    i dont care about the contract i'll pay $200 cancelation fee and cancel my service wheneven i want to, money is not my concern, quality and services is my concern, and i have the right to complain about anything im not satisfied with. and guess what? im going to keep blaming Palm until they fix the issue , and lot more issues like video camcorder, they have to understand and im gonna keep complaining
    What are you, twelve? Grow up and get a life. Palm doesn't exist to make you happy. You had lots of choices in what phone to buy, and you chose to buy one that doesn't do what you need. And you expect us to feel sorry for you? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since you'd rather pay a terminiation fee than return it soon enough to avoid it.

What you fail to realize is that it's not your complaint that has generated such a negative response to your posts, it's your attitude. If, instead of going "whine, whine, Palm isn't catering to my every whim," and "whine, whine, Palm's going to fail because they didn't provide a feature desired by point 03% of Americans", you had said "Boy I hope Palm adds support for other languages soon" you might have gotten a totally different response.

But I guess your mommy buys you everything you want, when you want it, so you expect the rest of the world to treat you the same way.

Yes, you have the right to complain. And the rest of us have to right to ignore you. And laugh at you. And even complain.....about you.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    apple have more than 20 language in there phone, and if you go to apple website and check the features there is a section just for the languages, that why they have sales in all over the world because they understood how to treat any culture and language.im very dissapointed with my palm pre.
    Apple's phone is 3 years old and still can't do MMS in the USA Give them time, they haven't even taken their app catalog out of beta.

Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Couldn't have said it better. It really irks me when people lash out at another person or company for daring to not meet their individual needs in a situation where the needs of hundreds of thousands of people need to be considered
    While the lack of Arabic support might be frustrating to you it is not surprising. The iPod didn't do 20 languages out of the box. Palm picked the NA market for launch and 99% of the people in NA speak English as their primary language. I'm sure Palm wants to make sure the Pre is running tip top before it starts comprehensive multi language support.

Besides...as many Arabic speaking people as there is in the world the Palm Pre's success is riding on how it does in the NA and Western Europe market....a much higher percentage of the population of Western World will be able to afford what they are trying to sell.

To insist that Palm is being insensitive to a particular culture due to lack of language support is arrogant, ignorant and ludicrous.

No Arabic available, if i try to go to an Arabic website i see a blank screen, the same thing if i received and email contains arabic i see it blank. i just want to be able to read Arabic i dont care about writing. That's why palm sucks! and if they keep it this way they will never succeed. apple have more than 20 language in there phone, and if you go to apple website and check the features there is a section just for the languages, that why they have sales in all over the world because they understood how to treat any culture and language.im very dissapointed with my palm pre.
    Thats what happens with 1st gen phones. Sorry but i'm sure Spanish and other come first on the list since its only available in US.

Maybe you should see if you can do a google translation on the websites idk. Lashing out on a company for not providing everything you want is wrong.
    Some people are like talking to brick walls lol. you should have returned the phone once you knew it had no arabic support at launch and even more so should not have expected a phone only sold in the USA right now to include worldwide language support. the problem is not that palm sucks..the problem is that you in fact do suck for failing to notice something that you need so much missing then not returning it after finding out, and then complaining on a forum not at all related to palm. dont be so childish, kick and stomp your feet maybe it will help your cause.
  20.    #20  
    lol you are the one's who seems to be pissed lool