Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You guys seem to be hard at work on this, keep at it!!!

Has this app happened? Or did it all get too difficult?
    I really, really want to stop carrying around my old mobile that I only use for voice notes to myself.
    Anyone know of anything that will allow voice recording (and playback).

M
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Any new updates on this?...you guys are awesome!!!!!
    Hi,

I'm interested in recording voice but at the same time I want to hide the screen.

I followed the next instructions from wcarlson40 ;

Go to Device Info, scroll down and select More Info.
    Then Click Preferences (the menu) and select Interactive Tests
    Select Audio, and leave just Phone checked, and select Start
    Hit Yes (to "Did you hear the sound?")
    And there is your Voice Recorder app...

but if I minimize the application, it stops recording.

I appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi,

I've seen some code posted by TIWizard which seems to be able to record and play sound. I don't know anything about programing with WebOS, but I'm wondering if it's possible to create a "sh" file to run the recorder function posted by TIWizard from the command line.

Many thanks, again.
    Now that I've gotten classic, I've found that there is a basic Voice Memo app that you can get from MotionApps. Also, homebrewers have come out with zCorder which is also a step in the right direction. MotionApp's Classic Voice Memo app records in the .wav format, while zCorder records them as mp3's. Incredibly, my transcriptionist's software won't work with mp3, but the wav files work fine. Still waiting for more full-featured app to come out, but these programs work well enough for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by elziejl View Post
    Now that I've gotten classic, I've found that there is a basic Voice Memo app that you can get from MotionApps. Also, homebrewers have come out with zCorder which is also a step in the right direction. MotionApp's Classic Voice Memo app records in the .wav format, while zCorder records them as mp3's. Incredibly, my transcriptionist's software won't work with mp3, but the wav files work fine. Still waiting for more full-featured app to come out, but these programs work well enough for now.
    How much trouble would it be to convert the MP3's to WAV?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    how do I delete a recording?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12