1.    #1  
    I woke up this morning, put on the installerz app and after that my phone has been lagging terribly. I have since deleted the app and the filemnger so I dont see how it could be that. I have also rebooted about 15 times, and removed the battery.

Also, i've done several mods and patches and I have connected to my pre via ssh, if any of that makes a difference.

If someone could please help me try and figure out what the problem is, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been very reluctant to do a reset, and would only like to do that as a very very last resort.

thanks in advance.

edit: to describe the lag, it takes several MINUTES to open an application. notifications ding, then nearly a minute later will vibrate. After sliding open, it takes several seconds for it to appear at the bottom.

if i press the launcher button, a few seconds later it will begin to open the page. but it gets stuck, and slowly slides up fractions at a time. then navigating it is very choppy and lags behind 15 -20 seconds. etc, etc.

everything just takes considerable time to do and is very choppy at that.
    Last edited by Jtemple33; 08/19/2009 at 06:35 PM.
    Uh, you might want to do a reset. I don't think anything else will help that kind of lag.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    it takes several MINUTES to open an application. notifications ding, then nearly a minute later will vibrate. After sliding open, it takes several seconds for it to appear at the bottom.
    If you can, SSH into the device and run the "top" command. Post info on the first several processes in the list - they are the once chewing up your CPU.
    I had this issue last night too. It was right after i attempted to setup the Blinking LED for new messages. I opened cron again, commented out the script, but still had the issue.

I was about to leave for work in a few hours, & could deal with the phone being that slow, so i ended up just restoring it so it would be usable while i was at work =\. Sorry this doesn't really help you. I just wanted to post to show that Jtemple was not the only person with this issue.
  5.    #5  
    well, i stuck it out and after about 6 hours it finally went back to normal randomly. im guessing a bunch of processes just got stuck on the CPU for whatever reason.
    lol that kinda sucks for me. I guess i should have tried to wait it out.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by adsllc View Post
    If you can, SSH into the device and run the "top" command. Post info on the first several processes in the list - they are the once chewing up your CPU.
    thanks for the tip. now i really wish i would have seen that while it was malfunctioning so i could have determined what was causing it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    lol that kinda sucks for me. I guess i should have tried to wait it out.
    yeah, i know your pain though. i was about to throw it out the window so many times. the lag was so bad it made the phone practically unusable.
  9.    #9  
    so, i keep getting this issue. typically after a reboot.
    I did the top command in putty and get tht i have between 7-10 tasks running (it keeps varying) and im using about 80% of cpu usg... all without any apps open.

any ideas?