Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can we get an app or an update where you can at least rotate or crop a photo? This stuff is pretty basic on most phones.
    Wow... Almost 100 views and no replies. Having moved over to the Pre from an iPhone, I can honestly say that these types of apps are some of the things I miss the most. On my iPhone I had apps that allowed for cropping, editing gamma, luminoscity, etc.-- no to mention changing things to sepia tone/selectively desaturating areas of a picture.

While many may not think that these types of apps would be that worthwhile on a phone (I thought so at first too), I would beg to differ. They don't create masterpieces that I'd save as some of the best photos I've ever taken, but editing images on the phone and uploading to, say, Facebook or elsewhere can be entertaining (to say the least).

With the Pre's capabilities I don't see why this couldn't be done. If impossible with the current SDK I don't see why it couldn't happen soon after a more robust SDK is released by Palm. This phone is capable of doing everything an iPhone 3G can do, and much much more. Hopefully we'll see enough developers come to the platform over time to allow WebOS to fully realize its potential.
    Last edited by NOVA_Guy; 10/13/2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Adding some more thoughts...
    Edited to add that these types of apps would certainly be things I'd be willing to pay for. A couple good photo editing apps with some decent features would make taking pictures and sending them to Facebook and Flickr really fun.
    I would love this!
    I was working on this but unfortunately since WebOS does not fully implement HTML 5 (and canvas), there's currently no way to do this without using undocumented (and native) code. I might venture in that direction later but for now, I'm trying to write apps that use only allowed APIs.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I was working on this but unfortunately since WebOS does not fully implement HTML 5 (and canvas), there's currently no way to do this without using undocumented (and native) code. I might venture in that direction later but for now, I'm trying to write apps that use only allowed APIs.
    make a homebrew and put a paypal buy button in front of the download. my phone is missing this app in a bad way.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I just want to be able to rotate. No clue why this isn't something built in.
    +1 on the homebrew app/PayPal route. This would be something I would buy, just like I did the MyTether installer. I believe in supporting a community of good apps, whether they be in Palm's App Catalog or elsewhere.
    Actually this is something I have been working on for a while, I am in the process of submitting an app to the catalog. The main issue on photo editing is that Palm doesnt yet have complete support for the canvas tag. I have been working with them to come up with a solution.

If you have specific feature requests PM me and I will see what we can do.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
    I also agree that this is a much needed feature and would also be willing to pay.
    Some features that I miss are:
    Cropping
    Changing Brightness/Contrast
    Editing Gamma
    Lighting/Luminoscity changes
    Color/Tone Editing (as well as Sepia, Black and White, etc.)
    Blur/Sharpen (for example: finger strokes to blur/sharpen particular spots as well as the ability to blur and sharpen the whole image)

This is probably alot/too much to ask for a photo editer on a phone, but if it were possible I would be willing to pay for it!
    can we get a call block and text block app?

Quote Originally Posted by CTL Advance View Post
    Actually this is something I have been working on for a while, I am in the process of submitting an app to the catalog. The main issue on photo editing is that Palm doesnt yet have complete support for the canvas tag. I have been working with them to come up with a solution.

If you have specific feature requests PM me and I will see what we can do.
  12.    #12  
    I would be willing to pay but its unfortunate that we have to pay homebrew developers for a standard feature on most smartphones. I don't like to compare the pre with the iphone but I think its ridiculous the iphone has a FREE photoshop app with all of the above features and palm can't put together a simple photo app that can crop or rotate a pic???
    Keep in mind that when the original iPhone came out it had even less features. The camera app of the original iPhone was one of its weakest point. Third-party apps started to trickle out, but it wasn't till OS 3.0 and the 3rd gen iPhone came out that it had these features. The Pre is starting with more than the iPhone did and the updates are coming faster. They may have even waited on purpose so they could see what the iPhone app would be like in order to develop a more powerful one. The hardware of the Pre is more that capable of what the iPhone does. The apps and features WILL come and faster than they did for the original iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    can we get a call block and text block app?
    Wrong thread.... http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ght=call+block
    I WANT THIS!!! I WANT THIS BADLY! I'd pay for a good photo editer. I also would love the feture (other than the normal photo editor feature) of being able to reduce all or part of the photo to black and white while retaining 1 or multiple colors (or objects) in the original color. I like that app on the Iphone, but don't know what it's called.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    +1!!!
    PicSketcher will be in the catalog in a few days and includes photo cropping in addition to a full paint suite. For $0.99, it'll be a bargain. I'll have to throw rotate into an update - shouldn't take long. Enjoy!
    Cool.
    Wasn't there a Photo editor a few months ago? I thought it was something like "Presizer" what ever happened to it?
    I can't wait! Rotate is a must for me, so I would love it if you'd stick that in soon. Otherwise, you rock!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast