1.    #1  
    would someone be able to create a homebrew slingplayer app just so we can conect and watch our slingbox. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I doubt we'll see a homebrew try and tackle this. Too narrow of a scope. I think Sling is working on something from the rumors floating around. I want it too, we just have to hang in there...
  3.    #3  
    where did you see rumors regarding this.
    I contacted the Sling Box company and they stated they are in works to get something ready for the Pre. No timetable was given and that was 2 months ago.
  5.    #5  
    sweet, can't wait
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    i have been a beta tester for sling on multiple platforms. i contacted them recently about an app and was told that they are investigating the pre platform as a possible new addition to their software catalog. in the meantime, nothing has been developed
  7.    #7  
    how long ago was that
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Anyone try to use "reverse dun"? I've tried and failed so far with the info here. Essentially I'm trying to tether my old 700p to my Pre so that the Palm SlingPlayer Mobile can run.

I have MyTether on the Pre and it is working (I'm using it right now), but I get "Error:Serial: (0x030B)" when I try to connect from the Network preferences screen on the 700p.
    I have aquestion has anybodytried using remote win to run sling media from their pc on the pre....... I haven't tried but I hve a 50 50 feeling it might work. Ima try tomorrow and I'll update.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilshorty View Post
    I have aquestion has anybodytried using remote win to run sling media from their pc on the pre....... I haven't tried but I hve a 50 50 feeling it might work. Ima try tomorrow and I'll update.
    There is way too much to process and the framerate is entirely too slow for this to work well. It might be annoyingly slow in wi-fi but will be unbearable via cell connection.
    I emailed Sling Media yesterday asking for an update on the development of a Pre app. Today I received a response that lacks any real information:

We have not announced official compatibility with the Palm Pre, but are always looking to expand our supported devices. We still do not have anything to announce at this time but please be sure to check back in the future.
    Of course if you squint really hard and try to read between the lines then MAYBE it sounds like something is in the works. Regardless, I'm not holding my breath.