1.    #1  
    I am trying like heck to develop an "easier" method to transfering theme files to the pre. So far, I can only do it one file at a time. It seems as though WebOs Quick Install is the fastest method I have been able to use. Most theme developers are doing a fabulous job at creating and categorizing their theme images in a manner that is organized, but I haven't heard of a solid method, so therefore I am trying to develop an easy one. Madolen has a good way, you simply take his theme and copy it to your USB Storage on your device and then copy and paste his code into Putty, and then that is fast, but I want to make it as easy as copy a whole folders' worth of content and pasting it into the desired directory on the Pre. Internalz took me ONE STEP closer, but not close enough. I'm not a programmer, or I would crack at this one all nite, but maybe you, yes YOU! can help? PM or post it....
    Keep Brewing All Ye Homebrew Underground!
    If someone would be kind enough to take the commands and file structures from here Structured Themes and create an ipk that will run those commands, this would become very easy to do. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
  3.    #3  
    Anyone else have any comments?
    Keep Brewing All Ye Homebrew Underground!
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I have tons of command and my themes will not work with the structured themes format.... I have renamed certain files due to conflict... There is a member creating an installation app ans website... It is in the testing phase and may not include the .css ans .jsjsjs $files$
    I want to navigate around the webos root file directory w/ windows explorer or linux x windows, does n e body know how to do this?
    And I'm not trying to use the command prompt, I already know how to use the ls command, fml.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    you have to root your pre and enable sftp (search the forums)
    after that you can use winscp winscp.net/eng/index.php
    and be careful with the system, you can make your pre need a reflash if you mess with important files
    Quote Originally Posted by moris View Post
    and be careful with the system, you can make your pre need a reflash if you mess with important files
    +1...I just did this and it makes theming your pre really easy
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    samba access would allow you to do this, but it looks like there are some bugs that were never worked out:
    Samba Access - WebOS Internals

it would allow you to map your pre from explorer with a \\ip-address\ and navigate around. very convenient but i never tried it because i'm kind of paranoid about the amount of crap i have running on this thing already

edit: i gave it a quick shot but couldn't get it working. i stayed away from the upstart script though and just executed it as daemon..
    Last edited by phwelo; 09/03/2009 at 08:09 AM.
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by efaucett View Post
    Anyone else have any comments?
    I don't have any useful information, but if I did I think I would refuse on principle to reply to a post using cheesy tactics like putting "LOOK!!!!" in the title. This time, I read the thread just so I could make an attempt to convince you not to do it any more. In the future, I will refuse to let it become effective at getting my attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by moris View Post
    +1, this is totally what i was looking for, thanks for the tip, its nice also, to just install WinSCP if you've already rooted your pre, sftp and everything is already there. pretty simple really!