1.    #1  
    ok so i'm a web designer so i'm no stranger code and i've been poking around the webOS internals, but i'm really wanting to develop an app that uses the accelerometer to estimate 0-60, quarter mile times, breaking and cornering g's. so is there a way i can get the accelerometer to return more than this?
    this.controller.listen(document, 'shakestart', this.handleShakeStart.bind(this));
    this.controller.listen(document, 'shaking', this.handleShaking.bind(this));
    this.controller.listen(document, 'shakeend', this.handleShakeEnd.bind(this));

i don't really care about shaking i'm looking for it's position from g=center so i can figure g's or better yet the g's and direction of g force.

anyone got any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by offsprg01 View Post
    ok so i'm a web designer so i'm no stranger code and i've been poking around the webOS internals, but i'm really wanting to develop an app that uses the accelerometer to estimate 0-60, quarter mile times, breaking and cornering g's. so is there a way i can get the accelerometer to return more than this?
    this.controller.listen(document, 'shakestart', this.handleShakeStart.bind(this));
    this.controller.listen(document, 'shaking', this.handleShaking.bind(this));
    this.controller.listen(document, 'shakeend', this.handleShakeEnd.bind(this));

i don't really care about shaking i'm looking for it's position from g=center so i can figure g's or better yet the g's and direction of g force.

anyone got any ideas?

Application:AccelService - WebOS Internals

There is an example as well on webos-internals, accelexample that shows simple ball rolling. You are looking to listen to the "acceleration" event that gives raw accelerometer data (X,Y,Z gs). A stock pre will send this event every 250ms. Using the above linked service you can modify that interval to as low as 1ms.
  3.    #3  
    this is exactly what i was looking for! i wonder why i couldn't find that on webos-i