Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've had many smartphones, many Palms and I havent yet found a phone yet that I am completly happy with, however, with a few minor adjustments, my Palm Pre could be the one.

I have read many reviews promising and/or rumoring WebOS updates as well as App catelog submissions and I know that some listed are in the makings via the Palm App Catelog and Homebrews, but I thought this was a good place to request ALL Homebrew apps since WE know what WE want, love and/or miss from other platforms. So here is my wish list...

1. Birthday Reminder or Birthday to Calender Sync
    2. SMS Auto Response/Reply
    3. Option to save a Video MMS to your phone
    4. Option to copy/paste SMS
    5. Option to fwd/resend SMS/MMS/Video
    6. Option to edit pictures. i.e. rotation, color options, zoom feat, etc.
    7. Video Recorder (w/ video callerID feat)
    8. Option to create SMS group(s)
    9. Touch Screen Keyboard
    10. Voice Recoder/Memo
    11. Flash or a WebOS version of Skyfire
    12. Snergy/Linked Contacts for Myspace
    13. YahooIM
    14. Metric Conversion Calculator
    15. Option to have seperate ringer for email, text, calendar, voicemail, IM
    16. Option to upload picture to IM accounts
    17. Option to read entire IM status
    18. Option to set IM away message/auto reply
    19. Option to send Video via SMS
    20. Option to cut/copy/paste via Web
    21. Announce Feat (i.e. Callers, Email, etc. *Windows Mobile feat)
    22. Option to delete mutiple pictures
    23. Option to delete multiple emails
    24. Option to recover accidentally deleted emails & send back to inbox
    25. Option to see the time/date on SMS after 48hrs
    26. Option to view recent call history for a contact
    27. Option to sort call history (i.e. Ignored, Missed, Incoming, Outgoing)
    28. Option to view call duration
    29. Virtual Voicemail (not google talk)
    30. Send/Receive via Bluetooth (i.e. Contacts, Pictures, Music, etc.)
    31. Option to search email
    32. Option to move pictures to another folder (w/o using USB drive)
    Last edited by princesslangford; 08/23/2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Add ons
    also
    -file transfer through bluetooth
    -sms signature option
    -option to send mms and/or sms to e-mail also option to fwd mms/sms to email
    -select all or select multiple pictures at once, ability to move pictures, multiple pictures on mms

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
    a lot of those have already been done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    some those have already been done.
    Fixed.

The rooting/hacking community has already developed patches/fixes to at least 3-4 of those listed. Of course this would require you root your Pre and at least have some common sense.

It would be best if Palm could just implement these in the next WebOS update...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    i know some of the ones princesslangford requested have been done, but my requests havent lol, those are a few i would love to see developed by dev either here on the wiki or by palm

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
    ummm MSN Messenger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Fixed.

The rooting/hacking community has already developed patches/fixes to at least 3-4 of those listed. Of course this would require you root your Pre and at least have some common sense.

It would be best if Palm could just implement these in the next WebOS update...
    okay, 6 of 18 have already been done. sorry, i guess i used the wrong term?
    1. Birthday Reminder or Birthday to Calender Sync- Already can be done with Facebook Sync
    2. SMS Auto Response/Reply- Already can be done with Rooting
    3. Option to save a MMS to your phone- Already done by Palm (tap it then tap Copy Photo and is save to Images under the Messaging folder)
    4. Option to copy/paste SMS- Already can be done with rooting
    5. Option to fwd/resend SMS/MMS-Already can be done with rooting
    6. Option to edit pictures. i.e. rotation, color options, zoom feat, etc.- Unknown when this feature could come
    7. Video Recorder (w/ video callerID feat)- Will be coming from Palm (it is not a rumor but fact that Palm will be releasing a video recorder in the next 6 months)
    8. Option to create SMS group(s)- Unknown when this feature could come
    9. Touch Keyboard- Already can be done with rooting
    10. Voice Recoder/Memo- Could very easily come with an upcoming update or rooting
    11. Flash or a WebOS version of Skyfire- Will be coming from Palm before the end of this year (not a rumor but fact from Palm)
    12. Snergy/Linked Contacts for Myspace- Could very easily come with an upcoming update
    13. YahooIM- Could very easily come with an upcoming update
    14. Metric Conversion Calculator- Is already available as a Homebrew app.
    15. Option to have seperate ringer for email, text, calendar, voicemail, IM- currentley can separate SMS alert from everthing else with rooting, but could easily come from ether update or rooting
    16. Option to upload picture to IM accounts- Unknown when this feature could be coming.
    17. Option to read entire IM status- Could very easily come with an upcoming update
    18. Option to set IM away message/auto reply- Could very easily come with an upcoming update or rooting
    Last edited by Rennat; 08/22/2009 at 02:08 PM.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Also #14 you can do with google, try entering:

1 inch in mm

Or any other conversion that you might want.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for all the help and input. I'm not gonna lie, I am a lil afraid of putting patches on my phone. Its bad enough I can't delete homebrew apps other than the shortcuts. I read a forum topic that suggested holding the orange key while holding down an app to delete, that worked but I was unable to use that command again. Ok, so back to my wish list.

#3 shoud have been "option to save video mail via text

I'll edit my original post w/ more. I've had my Pre for a liltte over a month and I remember more things I want/need during daily use of the phone.

Thanks again people. Keep those ideas/help/tips coming
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmnet View Post
    Also #14 you can do with google, try entering:

1 inch in mm

Or any other conversion that you might want.
    I like the easy way. To just open up a caculator I already have on my phone is less steps . But thanks I'm sure someone will create it
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    1. Birthday Reminder or Birthday to Calender Sync- Already can be done with Facebook Sync
    2. SMS Auto Response/Reply- Already can be done with Rooting
    3. Option to save a MMS to your phone- Already done by Palm (tap it then tap Copy Photo and is save to Images under the Messaging folder)
    4. Option to copy/paste SMS- Already can be done with rooting
    5. Option to fwd/resend SMS/MMS-Already can be done with rooting
    6. Option to edit pictures. i.e. rotation, color options, zoom feat, etc.- Unknown when this feature could come
    7. Video Recorder (w/ video callerID feat)- Will be coming from Palm (it is not a rumor but fact that Palm will be releasing a video recorder within the next year but rumored to come within next 6 months)
    8. Option to create SMS group(s)- Unknown when this feature could come
    9. Touch Keyboard- Already can be done with rooting
    10. Voice Recoder/Memo- Could very easily come with an upcoming update or rooting
    11. Flash or a WebOS version of Skyfire- Will be coming from Palm before the end of this year (not a rumor but fact from Palm)
    12. Snergy/Linked Contacts for Myspace- Could very easily come with an upcoming update
    13. YahooIM- Could very easily come with an upcoming update
    14. Metric Conversion Calculator- Very easily could come from ether Homebrew or App Catalogue before year ends.
    15. Option to have seperate ringer for email, text, calendar, voicemail, IM- currentley can separate SMS alert from everthing else with rooting, but could easily come from ether update or rooting
    16. Option to upload picture to IM accounts- Unknown when this feature could be coming.
    17. Option to read entire IM status- Could very easily come with an upcoming update
    18. Option to set IM away message/auto reply- Could very easily come with an upcoming update or rooting

RE: #1 I have my Facebook synced to contacts and it indeed added birthdays to contacts that I didn't already have, however, it didn't remind me nor add it to my pre calendar. Please advise
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by princesslangford View Post
    I like the easy way. To just open up a caculator I already have on my phone is less steps . But thanks I'm sure someone will create it
    There is an app for this called units
  14.    #14  
    Where can I find this app called Units.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    There is an app for this called units
    I checked the homebrew and pre app catalog.
    I would really like to see an app that keeps track of all your minutes. I just found out I went over my allotted minutes for the first time, it's painful. The ability to designate when your contract month starts/ends, weekend minutes, what numbers are mobible-to-mobile would be great. And the ability to warn you before you go over would be nice too. Darn Sprint, those no-good-minute-usage-hiding jerks.
    How about adding a 'Quick Text' option in SMS

And add another vote for Bluetooth File transfer! It would greatly improve the synergy with the touchstone.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Cracker View Post
    I would really like to see an app that keeps track of all your minutes. I just found out I went over my allotted minutes for the first time, it's painful. The ability to designate when your contract month starts/ends, weekend minutes, what numbers are mobible-to-mobile would be great. And the ability to warn you before you go over would be nice too. Darn Sprint, those no-good-minute-usage-hiding jerks.
    I thought Sprint required users to upgrade to their Simply Everything plan?... Unless you chose the non unlimited minutes. In that case you can always dial *2 option 1 to hear minutes used while waiting for an app
    Quote Originally Posted by princesslangford View Post
    RE: #1 I have my Facebook synced to contacts and it indeed added birthdays to contacts that I didn't already have, however, it didn't remind me nor add it to my pre calendar. Please advise
    I can add the b-days manually from the contact info page. If that isn't working for you there is always copy paste. You only have to do it once. Even if you do a hard reset on your Pre it will be in the cloud for it to pull back down.
    I also fixed my original post to include the Units app!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    auto rotation text so you can text in landscape and portrait
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast