Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    This is not working for me. The girl posted this code to use:

cd /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets
    vi launcher.css

comment out the following background lines by adding /* to the beginning and */ to the end of the line

Under .root {

background: url(../images/scrim.png)

Under .launcher_fade_bottom {

background: url(../images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png)

Under .launcher_fade_top {

background: url(../images/launcher-page-fade-top.png)

When i put the code in, i scroll to the bottom it says 100% complete . I type in reboot. and it does nothing. I tried turning my phone off myself and turned it back on, and nothing changed. Can someone please help me?
    I would just use winscp and drag and drop...
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...on-denied.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mashiya View Post
    This is not working for me. The girl posted this code to use:

vi launcher.css

comment out the following background lines by adding /* to the beginning and */ to the end of the line

Under .root {

background: url(../images/scrim.png)

Under .launcher_fade_bottom {

background: url(../images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png)

Under .launcher_fade_top {

background: url(../images/launcher-page-fade-top.png)

When i put the code in, i scroll to the bottom it says 100% complete . I type in reboot. and it does nothing. I tried turning my phone off myself and turned it back on, and nothing changed. Can someone please help me?
    To make this easier just do the following:

1.) Download the pictures attached to my Post.

2.) Put your Pre in disk drive and make a folder called 'backups'.

3.) Put the pics in that folder.

4.) Take the Pre out of disk mode and root into your Pre.

5.) Copy-Paste the following code into the terminal.

rootfs_open -t
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scrim.png /media/internal
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-top.png /media/internal/backups/launcher-page-fade-top(2).png
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png /media/internal/backups/launcher-page-fade-bottom(2).png
    cp /media/internal/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images
    cp /media/internal/launcher-page-fade-top.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images
    cp /media/internal/launcher-page-fade-scrim.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images

To revert back to the original copy-paste the following:

rootfs_open -t
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-top.png /media/internal/backups/launcher-page-fade-top(2).png
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png /media/internal/backups/launcher-page-fade-bottom(2).png
    cp /media/internal/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images
    cp /media/internal/launcher-page-fade-top.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images
    cp /media/internal/launcher-page-fade-scrim.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images

Quote Originally Posted by iranmani113 View Post
    I would just use winscp and drag and drop...
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...on-denied.html
    When using the user account you created you do not have any root privlages. Only root (user account) can make changes. However, you can not connect via SSH with the root account.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Rennat, I did everything you said to do, and this is what i got. What did i do wrong?

root@castle:/var/home/root# rootfs_open -t
    root@castle:/var/home/root# cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scri
    m.png /media/internal
    root@castle:/var/home/root# cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/laun
    cher-page-fade-top.png /media/internal/backups/launcher-page-fade-top(2).png
    -sh: syntax error: "(" unexpected
    root@castle:/var/home/root# cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/laun
    cher-page-fade-bottom.png /media/internal/backups/launcher-page-fade-bottom(2).p
    ng
    -sh: syntax error: "(" unexpected
    root@castle:/var/home/root# cp /media/internal/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png /us
    r/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images
    cp: cannot stat '/media/internal/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png': No such file or directory
    root@castle:/var/home/root# cp /media/internal/launcher-page-fade-top.png /usr/l
    ib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images
    cp: cannot stat '/media/internal/launcher-page-fade-top.png': No such file or directory
    root@castle:/var/home/root# cp /media/internal/launcher-page-fade-scrim.png /usr
    /lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images
    cp: cannot stat '/media/internal/launcher-page-fade-scrim.png': No such file or directory
    root@castle:/var/home/root# reboot
    root@castle:/var/home/root#
    Broadcast message from mashiya@castle
    (/dev/pts/0) at 19:05 ...

The system is going down for reboot NOW!
    Oh, sorry that was my falt. Here is the fixed version:

##REPLACE LAUNCHER BACKGROUND WITH TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND##
    rootfs_open -t
    ##COMPLETE##
    ##COMPLETE##
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-top.png /media/internal/backups/launcher-page-fade-top2.png
    ##COMPLETE##
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png /media/internal/backups/launcher-page-fade-bottom2.png
    ##COMPLETE##
    cp /media/internal/backups/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images
    ##COMPLETE##
    cp /media/internal/backups/launcher-page-fade-top.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images
    ##COMPLETE##
    cp /media/internal/backups/launcher-page-fade-scrim.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images
    ##COMPLETE##
    ###Preparing for Reboot##
    pkill LunaSysMgr
    ##WAIT FOR REBOOT##
    And the fixed revert back version too:

##Revert Launcher Background to Original##
    rootfs_open -t
    ##COMPLETE##
    ##COMPLETE##
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-top.png
    /media/internal/backups/launcher-page-fade-top(2).png
    ##COMPLETE##
    ##COMPLETE##
    ##COMPLETE##
    ##COMPLETE##
    ##COMPLETE##
    ##PREPARING TO REBOOT##
    pkill LunaSysMgr
    ##WAIT FOR REBOOT##
    - John Wayne
    ok the manual way to do this by "vi" is as follows (i only use putty so for all other ways it will be different)

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cp launcher.css launcher.css.bak
    vi launcher.css
    now if you know how to use vi go to each location mentioned

this
    Code:
    .root {
            position:relative;
            overflow:hidden;
            left:0px;
            top:0px;
            width:320px;
            height: 480px;
            background-image:url(../images/scrim.png);
    should look like this
    Code:
    .root {
    //      background-image:url(../images/scrim.png);
    and this
    Code:
    .launcher_fade_bottom {
            position: absolute;
            bottom: 0px;
            background: url(../images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png) center center n
            z-index:20;
            height:30px;
            -webkit-palm-mouse-target: ignore;
    should look like this
    Code:
    .launcher_fade_bottom {
            position: absolute;
            bottom: 0px;
    //      background: url(../images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png) center center n
    and finally this
    Code:
    .launcher_fade_top {
            position:absolute;
            background: url(../images/launcher-page-fade-top.png) center center no-r
    should look like this
    Code:
    .launcher_fade_top {
            position:absolute;
    //      background: url(../images/launcher-page-fade-top.png) center center no-r
    then save and exit outta "vi" and

Code:
    mount -o remount,ro /
    stop LunaSysMgr && start LunaSysMgr
    and voila invisible launcher background

if you need help usuing "vi" follow that link

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I tried yours John. and this is what i got then i got stuck, dont what to do after this point:

login as: mashiya
    mashiya@192.168.1.4's password:
    mashiya@castle:~$ sudo su -
    root@castle:/var/home/root# mount -o remount,rw /
    root@castle:/var/home/root# cd /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets
    root@castle:/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets# cp launcher.css l
    auncher.css.bak
    root@castle:/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets# vi launcher.css
    /* Copyright 2009 Palm, Inc. All rights reserved. */

body.palm-default
    {
    background:transparent;
    }

.root {
    background-image:url(../images/scrim.png);
    }

#launcher_root {
    left: 0px;
    top: 0px;
    width: 320px;
    height: 100%;
    }
    - launcher.css 1/222 0%

I must be really stupid lol. cause i cannot figure this out. This code stuff is hard.
    when you vi launcher.css

type "i" then use the arrows to scroll down to each section i listed then jus put "//" in front of the lines.

then after your done press the "esc" key then press the "shift" and ":" key's together at the same time then typ in wq and hit enter, den just do the ending code

if anything use rennat's codes to revert 1st then to install

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
    I can honestly say this is one of the easiest and coolest modifications to WebOS you can do. You can leave the launcher open on your screen and lock it and it sort of resembles an Android layout. Follow johnsavage006s' advice, just comment out the background lines, it's much easier and safer.
    The only problem arises when you open the launcher over an app or open cards. I opted for a black overlay instead of a gray and love it.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Oh well, i give up. I dont know how to do it, i have tried over and over. All the rest of the codes i have done, they have worked, i had no problem, but this one. I simply dont understand it. Thank you all for giving me the information. I really appreciate it..
    Have you tried my fixed code? I messed up and tried to rename the backuped file an invalid name. You sound be able to just copy-paste it in and it will reboot and should work.
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Yeah i tried it. but i had no luck, i dont know what i am doing wrong. I may just need more experience doing this code stuff. I am used to watching. how to, videos on youtube. thats easy lol. thanx for giving me all the info. i will try the code again later
    Quote Originally Posted by mashiya View Post
    Yeah i tried it. but i had no luck, i dont know what i am doing wrong. I may just need more experience doing this code stuff. I am used to watching. how to, videos on youtube. thats easy lol. thanx for giving me all the info. i will try the code again later
    It might be better if you just paste line by line in. It may differ between my computer and yours.
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Yaaayyy. I finally did it and it worked. Wow took me about a 1000 times but i got it lol. thanx for all the help.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    This is what I did.... I used /.backups/ instead....

Code:
    ##REPLACE LAUNCHER BACKGROUND WITH TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND##
    rootfs_open -t
    ##COMPLETE##
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scrim.png /media/internal/.backups/scrim2.png
    ##COMPLETE##
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-top.png /media/internal/.backups/launcher-page-fade-top2.png
    ##COMPLETE##
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png /media/internal/.backups/launcher-page-fade-bottom2.png
    ##COMPLETE##
    cp /media/internal/.backups/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images
    ##COMPLETE##
    cp /media/internal/.backups/launcher-page-fade-top.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images
    ##COMPLETE##
    cp /media/internal/.backups/scrim.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images
    ##COMPLETE##
    ###Preparing for Reboot##
    pkill LunaSysMgr
    ##WAIT FOR REBOOT##
    -Revert to Original-

Code:
    ##Revert Launcher Background to Original##
    rootfs_open -t
    ##COMPLETE##
    cp /media/internal/.backups/scrim2.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scrim.png
    ##COMPLETE##
    cp /media/internal/.backups/launcher-page-fade-top2.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-top.png
    ##COMPLETE##
    cp /media/internal/.backups/launcher-page-fade-bottom2.png /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png
    ##COMPLETE##
    ##PREPARING TO REBOOT##
    pkill LunaSysMgr
    ##WAIT FOR REBOOT##