Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is the proper place, but a saw a couple others so... *shrug*

I enjoy something other than silence when I go to sleep. Noise from a fan, or (more commonly) some sort of nature sounds... Water, animals, that sort of thing.

I thought an app for such needs would be neat. I'm looking to see what potentially good sources might be, I've only found one so far ( whitenoise247.net ).

Some things to consider would be if it could have its own volume slider (so you can change the volume without messing with the ringer or alarm or something) and a way to loop, maybe even a times program termination.

Anyway, thanks for reading the request.
    Not to sound mean but why don't you just download a bunch of nature sounds to your Pre and then play them in the music player (on repeat)?
    You could even edit a bunch of sounds together into a single mp3 of a predetermined length (like 30min) and have the music player play it only once. To do this, a good free music editor for the PC can be found at www goldwave com
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    It's not mean to question the reasoning of a request, heh... I suppose in my mind such an app, if drawing off some site, might automatically have new content from time to time... I suppose the app would be useful for the same reasons those sites are useful.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    +1 on this. I currently use my ipod touch and a downloaded app that generates ambient noise (white noise, brown noise, airplane travel noise, stream etc.) The problem with the Palm Pre player is that it introduces a short delay before repeating tracks. I suppose I could edit a file that keeps looping and looping, however, I also listen to recorded audio lectures with white noise playing in the background and it would be nice to have both playing at the same time (helps me concentrate)