Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    While I am at it, I thought I'd add in MIMS USA (the online version is free and those of us in Asia use this, though there is a USA edition too). The first time you use it, you are taken to a login page, but you can scroll down to register (it's free) and don't forget to check the "remember me" option so the cookie is set like for Epocrates and you don't get nagged again.

Changelog:
    1) Added MIMS USA to the formulary option
    2) Added an icon
    3) Added an error dialog if no drug is input when the Search is pressed

Screenshots:

Searching for Crestor:

Result in drugs.mobi:

Result in epocrates:

Result in mims usa:

I am attaching version 0.0.3 source files plus the ipk in a zip file.

A little more tweaking and I suppose it's ready to be uploaded to the Homebrew Catalog?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Uploaded this to the Homebrew section - link to page
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 09/14/2009 at 09:30 AM.
    I'm the first downloader. I could not get any data to display in Epocrates at first but was able on the second attempt. I did not see a disclaimer. By "Formulary" do mean database? Epocrates does have a formulary lookup section for checking insurance coverage. Lastly, page rendition needs work. I applaud you for getting of to a promising start.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I think this is fantastic. A great first step to a real WebOS pharm database.

I had tried using m.epocrates.com from the browser a few months ago, but got a weird pop up that I couldn't clear. Of course, now that I tested it again, it works fine, but having the ability to check several databases is great!

I hadn't heard of MIMS USA before, but it looks good. Epocrates mobile is exactly what I'd expect. When I use DrugView to search Drugs.com, I can click on the drug name to bring up the monograph just fine. But, the links at the top of the drug monograph page don't work. When I tried the mobile site for drugs.mobi on my desktop, the links do work to take me to the appropriate part of the monograph.
    When I tried the Pre's browser to go directly to dugs.mobi, the links also do not work. Basically, you'd have to scroll through the whole monograph to find the dosing info. I wonder why the Pre's browser acts differently there than the desktop?

All-in-all, this is great. I can't wait to replace Epocrates on Classic ASAP.
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Hey palmdoc,

Great work!

You're definitely started down the right way. Good thing you took care of the interface. Now, in a couple days I'll be done with Mamouton's app and I can begin work on this. I'll essentially take what you have and instead of showing the results on a webpage, I can format them and show them all inside the app. I'm formulating some ideas as we speak, but I will wait until I'm finished with what I'm doing now to start working on this.

Keep your progress posted so that I don't begin to do needless work that you have already done.

Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I think drugs.mobi has a pill identifier option
    Indeed, it does. However... is there any way you could move the pill identifier query to the default view of Drugview? I am with at least one other member on this... in my line of work, I often need to look up a loose pill I found in someone's pocket/car/purse/room, etc. Having quick, easy access to that feature would be fantastic.

Really useful application so far. You rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey palmdoc,

Great work!

You're definitely started down the right way. Good thing you took care of the interface. Now, in a couple days I'll be done with Mamouton's app and I can begin work on this. I'll essentially take what you have and instead of showing the results on a webpage, I can format them and show them all inside the app. I'm formulating some ideas as we speak, but I will wait until I'm finished with what I'm doing now to start working on this.

Keep your progress posted so that I don't begin to do needless work that you have already done.

Good Luck!
    Hi - if you can jump in and help I'd appreciate it as my WebOS knowledge is pretty limited (am an essentially a look-at-examples and try to copy/adapt/modify them type of person)
    I have started this thread http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...iew-webos.html in the Homebrew forums for this app specifically but I am also monitoring this thread.

One issue about the data being formatted in the app itself is that sometimes the search takes one to several possible links and not the drug information directly so one has to address that.

I also posed some possible enhancements in the Homebrew thread and repeating them here:

1) The drugview-assistant.jsjsjs $is$ $essentially$ $copied$ $from$ $the$ $webview$ $example$ $in$ $the$ $UIWidgets$. $Can$ $anyone$ $explain$ $the$ $use$ $of$ $virtualpagewidth$ &$amp$; $virtualpageheight$?
    The application could easily pass custom parameters for virtualpagewidth & virtualpageheight for the different sites (drugs.mobi, epocrates and mims usa) to fine tune the "zoom" factor

2) Can someone help add a Back and Forward button to the webview page?

3) Adding a "bookmark" for individual searches for the application as well as a "history" for recent searches would be cool. From my understanding, this could be done with HTML5 database programming but all this is Greek to me.
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 09/14/2009 at 06:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    When I use DrugView to search Drugs.com, I can click on the drug name to bring up the monograph just fine. But, the links at the top of the drug monograph page don't work. When I tried the mobile site for drugs.mobi on my desktop, the links do work to take me to the appropriate part of the monograph.
    When I tried the Pre's browser to go directly to dugs.mobi, the links also do not work. Basically, you'd have to scroll through the whole monograph to find the dosing info. I wonder why the Pre's browser acts differently there than the desktop?
    Yes I notice this too and tested it within the browser and the same problem crops up. I guess the Pre's browser has a bug when it comes to handling Anchors/bookmarks within a single webpage.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12