Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    On all of my other phones, I've accessed my media by accessing my squeezebox's squeezecenter server..

Logitech Squeezebox

Unfortunately on the palm pre, it opens the feed, but closes it after 1 second

Does anyone else use softsqueeze/squeezecenter/slimserver? Would love a music player that is able to keep the stream and not disconnect.. optimally, would love an integration 'softsqueeze' type application which can control the music and play it.

http://softsqueeze.sourceforge.net/

-mark
    I am currently developing a remote application to control a Squeezebox. This will not stream the music to the pre though, but will be a replacement for an existing Duet/Squeezebox remote.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    On all of my other phones, I've accessed my media by accessing my squeezebox's squeezecenter server..

Logitech Squeezebox

Unfortunately on the palm pre, it opens the feed, but closes it after 1 second

Does anyone else use softsqueeze/squeezecenter/slimserver? Would love a music player that is able to keep the stream and not disconnect.. optimally, would love an integration 'softsqueeze' type application which can control the music and play it.

Softsqueeze 3.8

-mark
    To my surprise, when I tried to control my Squeezebox Duet receiver from my Pre, it actually seemed to work. The Duet has been pretty iffy with its own controller, so I wasn't optimistic, but following the instructions on the Squeezebox site to point the Pre browser to [local ip address]:9000 hooked me into the Squeezebox server on my pc, and at least with the few minutes of experimentation that I've done so far, it works. It's not particularly fast and the Squeezeserver interface is cumbersome on the Pre's display, but it can control the music.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    yeah, the web interface works.. but not the same as a native app.. -m
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    wow, this is kewl.

you mean you could conceivably control your squeezebox and stream music to your pre?