Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Have you tried the following?
    (I found the info below here: Code Snippets - WebOS101 )

First, edit appinfo.json:
    Code:
    // File: appinfo.json
    {
      "theme":"dark",
    }
    Next, change index.html to set the body css class to "palm-dark". Feel free to add this line just above the </html> line if it there is not yet a body tag in this file. Like so:
    Code:
    <!-- File: index.html -->
    <html>
      <body class="palm-dark"></body>
    </html>
    Alternatively, you can add this to a scene or stage assistant. This is handy if you want to give the user the option of which theme they would like to see.

Code:
    $$('body')[0].addClassName('palm-dark');
        //or
    this.controller.document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0].addClassName('palm-dark');
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Thanks for the help! Makes sense.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  3.    #43  
    The tutorial I did up on setting the palm-dark theme will work also with the auto-generated Help. Part 7: Preferences, Cookies and Themes

This should also work in Ares.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Yep, these all helped, thanks very much. For what it's worth, I had a devil of a time deleting manual styles I had put into Ares using the element inspector. I ended up having to download from Ares and import into Eclipse then delete the styles manually from the SceneName-chrome.jsjsjs $files$. $Once$ $I$ $did$ $that$ $it$ $all$ $worked$ $perfectly$. $Thanks$.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  5.    #45  
    Glad to hear you got it working! Shame Ares didn't make that easier for you.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

Hi Rick

Thanks for the Beyond Hello World tutorial.

At first, Part 2 didn't show the About scene when I clicked on the About button in the menu. I managed to get it to work after when I changed

this.controller.pushScene("about");

to

this.controller.pushScene("About");

Apparently it is case-sensitive. I didn't change the name of the About scene elsewhere in the app.

I am using the HP webOS emulator through Oracle VM VirtualBox (downloaded and installed everything a few days ago, so all the recent versions), if that helps.

Thanks again.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by ha78 View Post
    Hi Rick

At first, Part 2 didn't show the About scene when I clicked on the About button in the menu. I managed to get it to work after when I changed

to

Apparently it is case-sensitive. I didn't change the name of the About scene elsewhere in the app.

I am using the HP webOS emulator through Oracle VM VirtualBox (downloaded and installed everything a few days ago, so all the recent versions), if that helps.

Thanks again.
    Thanks for letting me know! I'll revise the information this weekend when I get a chance.
    Richard Neff

8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by ha78 View Post
    Hi Rick

to

Thanks again.
    Just to let you know the tutorial has been updated at both the original site and the mirror site.
    Richard Neff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123