Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there a command to copy a directory directly from Pre's internal usb to pc's hard drive?
    I need to save a folder before i run webdoctor.. Im rooting using the cmd prompt in xp.. I hope there's a command to do so..
    I'm confused! plug into pre push usb drive and transfer what you want.

Doug
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I'm confused! plug into pre push usb drive and transfer what you want.

Doug
    Right.. But i somehow did something wrong where i dont get the options of charge, usb and media sync when i plug into the pc. But when i root in i can see the files that i need.
    if you installed it with an SFTP server you can try using that and find a program depending on what operating system your on. That would be your best bet
    winscp is the only way I know of. It allows you to drag and drop files from an explorer tree to any where.
    I dont know of a way to do that w/putty.

Doug
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarmoo900 View Post
    if you installed it with an SFTP server you can try using that and find a program depending on what operating system your on. That would be your best bet
    Thanks im downloading a client now.. Same settings used for putty to log in?
    sometimes i need to restart my computer when this happens to me after using putty.. hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by maddball View Post
    Thanks im downloading a client now.. Same settings used for putty to log in?
    Yes. Pre's IP address, port 222 (or whatever port you setup), non-root username, password.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio View Post
    Yes. Pre's IP address, port 222 (or whatever port you setup), non-root username, password.
    ok, im using host: localhost
    user:blank pass: blank and port 222 or 8023 even tried ip address 127.0.0.1.
    And im using filezilla sftp. Connection is refused.
    your ip. should be 192.168.1.1xx
  11.    #11  
    winscp is the only way I know of. It allows you to drag and drop files from an explorer tree to any where.
    I dont know of a way to do that w/putty.

Doug
    Downloading now.. Thanks.
    use your ip. ie 192.168.1.1xx and port 222 enter user name and password, xx being your actual ip on your pre.

Wait you do have wifi right?

if so
    click advanced options,
    In the tree to the left go to enviroment /sftp, in the sftp server box change default to
    sudo /opt/libexec/sftp-server

Let me know if you have any other ?s
    Last edited by 2sslow; 08/16/2009 at 11:45 PM.
  13.    #13  
    Yes i do have wi fi. Im using blank user and pass.. Got the sudo /opt/libexec/sftp-server set up.. I have pre connected on wi fi and and have winscp open to ur directions.. Connection is timing out. MY ip is 192.168.2.3. I also have the phone plugged in..
    this is what mine looks like.

Try doing this w/o the pre being plugged in

obviously w/ your info
  15.    #15  
    this is what mine looks like.

Try doing this w/o the pre being plugged in

obviously w/ your info
    Ok, This may be a dumb question but how do i find my username i think that's my problem.. I was leaving it blank..
    ok it seem as though you need a user name and your ip does not appear to be complete.
    it shoud be this configuration xxx.xxx.x.xxx
    have you done this?

Next steps - WebOS Internals

if not you must do this first then,

Setup SFTP - WebOS Internals
  18.    #18  
    ok it seem as though you need a user name and your ip does not appear to be complete.
    it shoud be this configuration xxx.xxx.x.xxx

Am i looking at the wrong ip? How did u set up ur username?
    check out the 2 links i gave you to set up ssh and set password.Then use putty to get in. when your done add 00 to the ip ie.192.168.2.300
    sorry maddball I gotta go to bed its 2:00am here I'll check back in the am. If you still need help pm me and I'll do my best to help.

Read the 2 links. copy and paste and you should be fine.

I hate that I cant stay and help 2night but somebodys gotta pay the bills ya know
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast