Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I would like to see a better Alarm Clock for the Pre. Coming to the Pre from the HTC Touch Diamond I miss the Alarm Clock apps for WinMo. Thanks.
    Please post the differences between the Touch Diamond alarm clock and the webOS alarm clock.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I for one am missing G-Alarm for WinMo (found at ageye.de). I missed it so much (i.e. have been late for work so much) that I recently paid to upgrade G-Alarm for my Touch Pro, which I keep beside my bed for use ONLY as an alarm!
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    What kinda features do you guys want to see out of the app
    A couple of things that G-Alarm has that I'd love to see are:

1.) Force the user to do a math problem before they can snooze/turn off the alarm. (this is the main reason I purchased G-Alarm)

2.) Force playback at a certain volume percentage. I've founs the stock alarm volume can be pretty variable.

3.) Repeat music file until alarm is turned off (not just play it once as the stock alarm seems to).

My use case for this would be: I have an alarm set for 6 A.M. At 6, playback begins and volume gradually increases until it reaches 60%. I have an option to either snooze or turn off alarm. Hitting either of those buttons requires me to do a math problem before I can deactivate the alarm.

It's amazing how difficult it is to do a simple multiplication/division problem when you've just woken up!
    I really miss the alarm features provided by Hobbyist Software's "Butler" app. Used this on my treo and my centro. Plus it had several other features I found very useful. Would love to see one developed for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    A feature the I noticed that I wish the Pre alarm clock had this morning when I woke up 1 hour late was more spacing between "Deactivate?" and "Snooze", bigger buttons for those two functions would also be nice. Intergration with something like "Timepeice" or "Digiclock" would also be cool.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Have the clock stay on in landscape while on a Touchstone in a dark room.

Cool, but not necessary, be able to use a live radio stream as the alarm.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    G-Alarm on the Touch Diamond would force the user to navigate a ball through a maze either using the accelerometer or their finger before they could snooze or turn off the alarm.
    I'd like to see the ability to set an Alarm for certain days of the week, versus just all week days. For instance, I work Monday, 9 to 6, but Tuesday to Friday, 11 to 5.

I have to set two different alarms, one for 7:45, and one for 9:45, and then turn them off based on what day it is. I'd like to see a function where I can have an alarm only for Monday, and Monday only, and then an alarm for T-F.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nacirema85 View Post
    I'd like to see the ability to set an Alarm for certain days of the week, versus just all week days. For instance, I work Monday, 9 to 6, but Tuesday to Friday, 11 to 5.

I have to set two different alarms, one for 7:45, and one for 9:45, and then turn them off based on what day it is. I'd like to see a function where I can have an alarm only for Monday, and Monday only, and then an alarm for T-F.
    I second this one. Before I got the pre I used an Ipod touch (gave it my wife post pre) and it allowed me to set repeating alarms for different days of the week. I wake up 1 and half hours earlier on work out days.

That and lyrics in the music app are the only things I miss about the Ipod touch.
    I really like the features coming from the Palm OS app, "mobile Clock."

Here it is the developers page for mobile Clock: rMOBILE

I love that when it goes off you just tap the screen to snooze it. I also love how it shows how much time you get to sleep (sometimes a hate love :P).
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    I really like the features coming from the Palm OS app, "mobile Clock."

Here it is the developers page for mobile Clock:

I love that when it goes off you just tap the screen to snooze it. I also love how it shows how much time you get to sleep (sometimes a hate love :P).
    I looked it over. I think I just want a simplistic design. Much like the iPhone has going with it's alarm clocks. The availability to put alarm for different days of the week would be great. Tuesdays, Thursdays alarm type thing instead of having to make individual alarms for weekdays and keep flipping them off and on.

Anyone know of a homebrew app that has this ability? I'd hate to have to Root my Pre in order to set it up myself, but it's almost a necessity for me due to my job.
    I have overslept 90% of the time with the stock alarm. I have to check the volume everytime and even then it will end up being too low to wake me. What is the deal with the volume or is it my pre? I don't trust it for important events anymore.
    Heh.. You guys should check out investing in one of these suckers:

Amazon.com: Sonic Alert SBD375ss Sonic Boom Dual Alarm Vibrating Alarm Clock: Health & Personal Care

Wakes me up immediately. No issues at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I have overslept 90% of the time with the stock alarm. I have to check the volume everytime and even then it will end up being too low to wake me. What is the deal with the volume or is it my pre? I don't trust it for important events anymore.
    Nah, it isn't just you. The volume on the Pre is quite low on mine, too.. I'd love to see VolumeCare get ported over for the Pre. That sucker was the best application I had on my 755p.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nacirema85 View Post

agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    Heh.. You guys should check out investing in one of these suckers:

Wakes me up immediately. No issues at all.
    That's great and would probably wake me up within a matter of seconds as well, however, I don't want to have to purchase an alarm clock, haha. I think I went bankrupt by purchasing the Pre.
    you should check out DigiClock... http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/digiclock

exciting alarm features getting added in next release...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Thanks DK, can't wait.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast