Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    In the beginning i was able to log into putty and winscp. Now after resetting my pre, I can no longer log into either. It tries to connect, and in some instances i would get through, but after a minute, it would time out. What gives?

So mainly my problem is sometimes it'll connect, somes not. But when it does, its slooowwwww.
    Two things to try.

First in putty select Connection and set seconds between keepalives to 30 and select enable TCP keepalives. This has prevented the timeout issue for me.

Second for the slowness make sure you disable the Palm Novacom Service if you are connecting your pre via usb and have setup the usbnet. The two do not play nicely together. Simply fo to services and right click on Palm Novacom service and select stop. If you want you can also set it to start manually instead of automatically. Of course any time you want to use SDK install or emulator you will need to start the service manually.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    That definatly made a difference. I'm still getting time outs in winscp, but it's somewhat useable.

I did install usbnet, but I don't use it. Is there a way for me to uninstall it, so i still have novaterm use.
    Install my tether, it has an option to disable usbnet. And what works for me is I login through putty first, then I login through winscp
    Thanks Lclarkjr that helped me out a lot. I was getting pretty frustrated with the slow program and random connection.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    seems like i'm having the same issue again. I've tried this on two computers and two pres, i can't determine what the problem is.