Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hi guys im having trouble changin the boot logo it says put it on phone via ssh whats that i dont undrstand is that putty ive been trying all night and nothing works i rooted the palm pre and what do i do i need some help can someone help and give me details cuz im dumb with this stuff
    When they say to SSH into your Pre it means to log in thru Putty, where you have to log in and put the username and password that you created when you "rooted" ur Pre.

Got watch this video this is how I did mine's and it was pretty simple instructions. On the side bar he has the site where he got the info from.

3.    #3  
    ive seen the video and ive tried everthing he does and nothing works what am doin wrong im no using wifi im using evdo ip adress but when i remove the usb it changes ip on the evdo what do i do guys????????????????
    Then use the new ip address when you log in putty. Then just copy paste this first:

sudo -i

mkdir /media/internal/bootlogo
    cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo* /media/internal/bootlogo

Switch into usb mode on ur Pre, replace the boot logos with the ones you want, then eject ur Pre from the PC and go back into putty and paste this one line at a time:

mount -o rw,remount

cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png

cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png

mount -o ro,remount /

If this doesn't help let me know exactly what comes out when u try to do this
  5.    #5  
    do i copy and paste onto another putty God im so stupid with this stuff all i want is my logo to be different
    and u say copy and paste one line at a time i copy one line it says directory not found
    what am i doin wrong
    ok, so you paste this :

sudo -i

mkdir /media/internal/bootlogo
    cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo* /media/internal/bootlogo

And then switch into usb to find the bootlogo folder in you Pre,right??
  7.    #7  
    yeah i changed into usb and i saw my folder boot logo i got the new logos already n then what?
    ok, then eject ur pre fron the pc and go back into the putty window
  9.    #9  
    ok did that i eject the the usb from the pre and do i open a new window or same putty i was using?
    the same one

now paste this:

mount -o rw,remount /
    then:

cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png
  12.    #12  
    do i paste this next to where it says logo or do i press enter then paste?
    press enter then paste
  14.    #14  
    for the mount -o rw,remount / do i paste it next to where it says logo on putty or do i press enter then paste
  15.    #15  
    ok and then what man i copy and paste all u told me about. thanks man ur a great help i appreciated
    wait a sec didn't you press enter after the first paste???
    (girl) I'm a girl no worries
  18.    #18  
    yes i did press enter and sorry thanks alot girl..
    ok at what step are u at right now??? where did we left off at?
  20.    #20  
    at this one girl

then:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast