Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ok did u press enter after those lines? and did the directory not found error came up?
  2.    #22  
    i dont know where to this ones
    cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png

cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png

do i put next to where it says remount or do i press enter or what?
    press enter then paste each one individually pressing enter after the paste
  4.    #24  
    ok and then what do i do?
    did directory not found come up??? if not then paste this:

mount -o ro,remount /
  6.    #26  
    it didnt say that
    ok then paste:

mount -o ro,remount /

and press enter
    then paste this:

pkill LunaSysMgr

press enter and it shouls reboot your pre if it worked u should see the new logo
  9.    #29  
    ok and then what do i do now?
    did u paste this ??:

pkill LunaSysMgr
  11.    #31  
    yes i did and still the same logo im never gonna be able to do it
    darn! I really don't know what else to tell you then.....
  13.    #33  
    stupid fone!!!! when i unplug the usb i cant use the putty i was usin why???????????????????????????????????????
    read ur private msg, and u can't use it cuz ur ip address changes since ur using EVDO
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    helppp i have no boot logo folder on the usb drive...but the palm logo is active on my pre...which i want to change
    The new Quick web install will do it for you.
    Shouldn't a thread like this have been through PM's or elsewhere? or cluttering the board?

Anyway, my suggestion is get used to using the command prompt / terminal / Putty before attempting anything. Read the Basic Linux Use to figure out what you're doing.
    I too have the same problem. Tried this, the youtube video, deleted the files and started over a half dozen times and still the same logo. Does it make a difference if I log in as "sudo su -" or "sudo -i" ? They both bring up the same command prompt. Any help would be awesome. This is the first patch, besides the tethering one, I have tried and am losing hope here.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The new Quick web install will do it for you.
    Guys read his comment ^^^^ Do a search for WebOS quick install. No more putty, no more cmd prompts. You don't have to root it yourself, this will do it for you. It's almost as easy as drag and drop and you're done.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Nevermind, thought about it for a minute and moved the damn logo's out of the bootlogo folder and it worked like a charm.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast