Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Is palm or anyone going to create a video record app. All these useless app they coming out with. How bout the one app that was asked for before the phone came out.
    +1
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Useless app?

I can name one app that is not even close to being useless....... My tether, it doesn't matter that you may or may not use this app but it is definitely not useless.
    Wow, that sounded rather ungrateful... People spend alot of time developing these apps, whether you personally use them or not. Just because there isn't one that you're looking for specifically, you don't need to call their end product "useless". Be grateful that there ARE apps to choose from. We're still trying to figure out the system out... if you're that impatient, go develop your own video recording app.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    Wow, that sounded rather ungrateful... People spend alot of time developing these apps, whether you personally use them or not. Just because there isn't one that you're looking for specifically, you don't need to call their end product "useless". Be grateful that there ARE apps to choose from. We're still trying to figure out the system out... if you're that impatient, go develop your own video recording app.
    i agree...nice first post troll
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    agree here too!!! D3on u should just create ur own and see how it takes time and most people dont really spend much time on making apps if they cant. if u got nothing good to post up then please dont ! learn things on ur own and make the apps u so want by yourself !

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Quote Originally Posted by brain26 View Post
    Useless app?

I can name one app that is not even close to being useless....... My tether, it doesn't matter that you may or may not use this app but it is definitely not useless.
    Yea Also:

-Class tracker
    -Quick Contacts
    -Quick Event
    -Sports Calander
    -Prepackage
    -Currency Converter
    -PreMedi
    -Translator
    -PrePod
    -Tip calculator

All are useful imo.

This guys first post was disrespectful. All the work these developers put into this. Come on give them there credit. I think they're doing a great job, and shame on the OP for demeaning there hard work.
    I dont think he ment all of the apps that are coming out are useless. he just meant insted of all the uselss ones, lets get a video recording app...

either way, dont really care...

I cant wait the 2 weeks till the pre comes out in canada... WOOOOOOOOOW!!!

homebrew apps here i come..
    OP the developers make the apps not to be useless. Some are entertainment some are business related and others. However all make your pre just that much better than the other phones.

think before you post USELESS posts
    Every app is USEFUL to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by acipollo View Post
    Every app is USEFUL to someone.

Agree
    Maybe he meant that Palm releasing 3 apps, one of them being something that should already be included and $29.99, is useless. If that's what he meant then what he's saying is true (even though I kinda like the spades app).

If he actually is talkin about homebrew developers then this is a stupid post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwik0528 View Post
    Maybe he meant that Palm releasing 3 apps, one of them being something that should already be included and $29.99, is useless. If that's what he meant then what he's saying is true (even though I kinda like the spades app).

If he actually is talkin about homebrew developers then this is a stupid post
    I actually like a lot of the Apps in the store :/
    Quote Originally Posted by D3on View Post
    Is palm or anyone going to create a video record app. All these useless app they coming out with. How bout the one app that was asked for before the phone came out.
    Nice first post

Come back in few years after you grow up.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    In some ways he is kind of right. It would have been better if he rephrased it differently so it wouldn't **** a lot of people off which I can tell it already has. There are some great apps out there such as mytether and myflashlight and others but they fall in comparison to many apps in the iphone app store. I do realize that the Pre has not been out for very long but a month after the iphone was realeased they had many quality homebrew apps and in large quantities. I also understand that the iphone also has a larger developer base but it still annoys me. I wish palm would create a better SDK that would allow for more advanced apps like hardcore 3d gaming or even simpler games like papijump or something similar. I'm also disappointed in the way the acceleramoter is used. Some people may not even notice the Pre has one since it is barely used in any apps. Hopefully, palm will improve the SDK (quickly) before another iphone is out. I am eager to see what the Pre is capable of and I can surely understand why many people are disappointed and frustrated. I love the Pre but it is in no way perfect and further app development will be key to its success as a mobile device.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpremaniac View Post
    In some ways he is kind of right. It would have been better if he rephrased it differently so it wouldn't **** a lot of people off which I can tell it already has. There are some great apps out there such as mytether and myflashlight and others but they fall in comparison to many apps in the iphone app store. I do realize that the Pre has not been out for very long but a month after the iphone was realeased they had many quality homebrew apps and in large quantities. I also understand that the iphone also has a larger developer base but it still annoys me. I wish palm would create a better SDK that would allow for more advanced apps like hardcore 3d gaming or even simpler games like papijump or something similar. I'm also disappointed in the way the acceleramoter is used. Some people may not even notice the Pre has one since it is barely used in any apps. Hopefully, palm will improve the SDK (quickly) before another iphone is out. I am eager to see what the Pre is capable of and I can surely understand why many people are disappointed and frustrated. I love the Pre but it is in no way perfect and further app development will be key to its success as a mobile device.
    I could be wrong... but i believe it took a year before the iphone ever started supporting native apps on it.. they were all web based apps to start with... and not much quality for that matter... anyway those same web based apps are still out there and you can navigate to those sites and use them with your pre browser just for the record.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I could be wrong... but i believe it took a year before the iphone ever started supporting native apps on it.. they were all web based apps to start with... and not much quality for that matter... anyway those same web based apps are still out there and you can navigate to those sites and use them with your pre browser just for the record.
    Sorry but that is wrong. Like the Pre, the iphone has a homebrew community too. look up jailbreaking iphone. Jailbreaking an iphone meant that you would install an app installer directly onto the device (one example would be cydia) and you can add sources to the repository to gain access to more apps. Even the apps that came out a month after the first iphone was released were very impressive. There were so many released every day. As we know, the iphone was a cutting edge device with no phone like it at the time. Now there are many phones with similar features and some features that are even better than the iphone. It set a standard for the mobile phone world and now phones such as the Pre are trying to perfect the iphone's features and add features of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouch12345 View Post
    Sorry but that is wrong. Like the Pre, the iphone has a homebrew community too. look up jailbreaking iphone. Jailbreaking an iphone meant that you would install an app installer directly onto the device (one example would be cydia) and you can add sources to the repository to gain access to more apps. Even the apps that came out a month after the first iphone was released were very impressive. There were so many released every day. As we know, the iphone was a cutting edge device with no phone like it at the time. Now there are many phones with similar features and some features that are ven better than the iphone. It set a standard for the mobile phone world.
    I could of sworn jailbreaking did not come into play till quit a while later. Hum... guess not.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Well for the record, the iphone came out with some apps, but if you remember correctly, they was all "WEB APPS" There wasnt very many native applications, those rolled out over time. A app/game/util for you or for me may be stupid, it depends on what you are looking for. I dont like Medi, but there are people that like it. It all comes down to if you like chocolate or vanilla.

To the Developers: You guys are the backbone to this site, without you guys, this site is nothing. Keep up the excellent hard work.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I could of sworn jailbreaking did not come into play till quit a while later. Hum... guess not.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jailbreak_(iPhone_OS)

"The first jailbreaking method was released on July 10, 2007, which initially was meant to provide a way to use custom ringtones.[1] On August 6, 2007 the first third-party game was released for the iPhone and iPod Touch.[2]"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast