1.    #1  
    This may need to be in a different category, but I figure this is where the most intelligent of us read and post..

I noticed that, on my pre, if I set assign a photo to a contact, it will also sync that photo to my google contact. The photo that is uploaded to google, however, is VERY low res and bad quality. When I perform a hard reset, my contacts are then synced back from google to my pre with the terrible quality pictures being used as my CallerID photos. (LAME)
    I know google contacts can handle much higher quality photos, so I wonder if Palm or Sprint chose to lower the quality of the photos to save bandwidth.

So here is my question: Does anyone out there know of a way to have a higher-quality photo sync with google???
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Same problem here.
    It seems to be a Google issue. If I add a photo on Google contacts, it's always low res on the Pre, no matter what size it starts with. I think Google uses just a thumbnail since that's all they ever show you
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
  3.    #3  
    Yes, But if I upload a high-res photo to google from a computer, I get a high-res on my google contact, but it still sends a low-res to my pre. I also have my google contacts sync with my mac address book, and I always get the high-res version back on that. There seems to be something on the phone that either compresses the image, or tells google to compress the image before sending it, or both.
    bumping for justice.
    : (){:|:&};: