1.    #1  
    I am new to the pre. I know how to put my phone into dev mode and I downloaded somethings like the emulator and the virtual box and the SDK. I figured out how to add the apps but now I wanna change a couple things and I dont know how to root past castle and put codes in. I wanna add/delete pages and change my chat bubbles. Things like that. I have been trying for 2 days and I give up. Any help would be greatful. Thanks!!! I need simple steps. Easy to understand. LOL!!!!
  2.    #2  
    So how for are you? You have a root@castle command prompt?
    Oh, and don't up your threads, you're lucky anyones helping you doing that, especially less than an hour after you posted the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  4.    #4  
    Oh sorry. I was irrated with the phone. Wont happen again. Thats about as far as I got. I dont understand anything past that.
    The Lane...where did you find that quote? I saw that somewhere on a thread, and it confused the hell out of me. Funny that you have it quoted!
    First I recommend you do alot more research before you start editing code as you're not sure how to even get to that point.

Here goes: From root: mount -o remount rw, /
    vi to the file you want to edit ie vi /usr/var/luna/.......etc
    find the line you wish to edit then hit the letter i to begin editing.

I recommend you familiarize w/ linux commands before you brick your pre.
    Basic Linux Use - WebOS Internals

Doug