Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I think I got it. Found this:

mount -n -o remount,rw /

Did that than re ran it and everything seemed to go fine. Waiting for the phone to finish rebooting.

EDIT: WORKED!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    hey fritos1406, did you get my PM?
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzwave View Post
    hey fritos1406, did you get my PM?
    Yeah dude I credited you guys already meant to do it early but got all caught up, cuz you see I've been working on a zombie tap to shoot game

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Thanks.
    Looking forward to the zombie game.
  5.    #165  
    Might only be a one level game that ull die once you beat it. Seeing as this is my 1st webos game might take a while. Need to get better at this hahah

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    How do i delete this patch. Can someone paste the code for copy and paste to remove this patch?
    How do I remove this patch, I am unable to view youtube videos through the youtube website
    Is anybody else experiencing the youtube problem? I am not able to view videos from the youtube website...after I click stream, nothing happens.
  9.    #169  
    Yes, it seems that this patch does have couple things that need to be fixed once I get on da computer I'll see if I can find anything to limit these restriction and update this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Beave4 View Post
    Is anybody else experiencing the youtube problem? I am not able to view videos from the youtube website...after I click stream, nothing happens.
    you talking bout the on dat launches with the app, or the actual website?

this is the putty way (i only use putty i dont ssh or anything like dat)

to remove the patch
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    quilt pop -a
    quilt delete /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    quilt push -a
    mount -o remount,ro /
    stop LunaSysMgr && start LunaSysMgr

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
    I tried this patch and when I went to download a mp3 from zshare it started streaming automatically and did not give a option to download when I clicked on the download now link. any thoughts?
    I can confirm that the browser download mod breaks Youtube links. Is there a workaround for this?
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    I tried this patch and when I went to download a mp3 from zshare it started streaming automatically and did not give a option to download when I clicked on the download now link. any thoughts?
    does it download for other websites? if it doesnt then u havent applied the patch

14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    I can confirm that the browser download mod breaks Youtube links. Is there a workaround for this?
    as right now no. there is the alternative youtube app until a restriction is made for this patch.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I also as having issues with Youtube links not streaming.
    is the download bar suppossed to show progress?i tried a pdf file,but the widget bar doesnt show any progress to know if its even downloading.
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    is the download bar suppossed to show progress?i tried a pdf file,but the widget bar doesnt show any progress to know if its even downloading.
    yes it does show progress. try downloading a bigger file and see for yourself

I like the concept of this patch and what it could do but right now there are too many problems for you not to have a warning on the front page about the loss in functionality people will get using this patch.

If copy and paste were working in WebOS I wouldn't mind as much but I can't loose the ability to call when I look up a business on a web page. Had I known this I wouldn't have added the patch and would wait till those things are resolved.

I do appreciate your efforts though.

Thanks,
    D
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    the ability to call when I look up a business on a web page.
    Good to know about that, thanks.
    First,
    Awesome job in getting this out so quickly. The ability to DL from the web is seriously important and should have never been left out. For that you get mucho kudos...however It is important to know about the lost abilites. While looking up a phone number from the web today I realized I would not be able to call the number by pressing the link. This is something I do reguarly and because of it I will have to remove this patch. Please be sure to update the front page with a warning...also any plans to restore that ability? Again thanks so much for your hardwork!!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast