Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    can someone do me the favor who hasnt done the previous steps..can u please test these commands to see if they apply the patch

Code:
    cd /opt/src/modifications
    git pull

quilt import /opt/src/modifications/browser/enable-browser-downloads.patch

cd / 
    quilt push

pkill LunaSysMgr

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    can someone do me the favor who hasnt done the previous steps..can u please test these commands to see if they apply the patch

Code:
    git pull

cd / 
    quilt push

pkill LunaSysMgr
    just tried your commands...works perfect

thanks

question- I am new to quilt, so with your command, where did the patch file download from? which server?
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    just tried your commands...works perfect

thanks

question- I am new to quilt, so with your command, where did the patch file download from? which server?
    Its been uploaded to gitorious so would automatically show up in the /modifications directory so it didnt download the patch just installs it

ah I see, thanks for making it so easy
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post

Code:
    git pull

cd / 
    quilt push

pkill LunaSysMgr
    This seems to work. Installed at root (sudo -i and cd /#). I used the uninstall info you sent last night pm but I found that it does not completely remove the patch. After running it and rebooting the pre you can select a link that would normally generate an error that there is no app to be found. After the uninstall you can select the link and nothing happens. No error so the system did not go completely back to the original state. So I can't say that the new code works 100% because something was still changed.

Regardless the new code installed without any errors and it is running correctly.

What a great patch and a huge time saver for me.

Thanks again!!
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    working fantastic for me!! FYI the widget appears on the web-page itself, so if you don't see it try to zoom out, you should see it then!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    This seems to work. Installed at root (sudo -i and cd /#). I used the uninstall info you sent last night pm but I found that it does not completely remove the patch. After running it and rebooting the pre you can select a link that would normally generate an error that there is no app to be found. After the uninstall you can select the link and nothing happens. No error so the system did not go completely back to the original state. So I can't say that the new code works 100% because something was still changed.

Regardless the new code installed without any errors and it is running correctly.

What a great patch and a huge time saver for me.

Thanks again!!
    so you are saying that the patch doesnt uninstall successfully or what? i can assure u that it does remove cleanly

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    so what can this really do. i know downloadf off internet, but what are other uses???is there a limit as to what i can and cannot dl?
  9.    #89  
    as of right now only thing i know is music files and pdfs..i dont know what else but u can try downloading other things and see if they do download

10.    #90  
    im pretty sure it can download anything if there is a link to the file?
    atleast thats my guess

EDIT: Yup just as i thought, it can download files of any type if there is a link to it
    Last edited by fritos1406; 08/15/2009 at 01:11 PM.

I used what you sent me last night PM to uninstall and then reboot the pre. I then selected a web link to a PDF or any file normally not open. You normally get an error but now the pop up no longer shows up. Nothing happens. The link gets highlighted then goes back to normal. So something did not go back completely.

The patches work just thought you should know what happened on an uninstall.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  12.    #92  
    oh okay i see
    but since this has now been made, no worries right

I am wondering does your patch have any advantage over file coaster? I dont have file coaster as of yet (been to busy) and I am wondering if this has any advantage? I think you did a great job.
    Huh? This has nothing to do with filecoaster, nor is it alike in functionality

Completely different
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Kinda offtopic. Anyone know why I cant telnet into the phone anymore? I got root access already, but now I can't get back in via putty :-/
  16.    #96  
    do u mean if it can install filecoaster?

filecoaster is a Gui that u can browse for apps and such and install them onto your pre and can download off directly from the url to the file using the copy and paste method but downside is that u cant just copy and paste anything...

In the patch u are able to download anything as long as it is a direct download. no right-click save to download images
    Last edited by fritos1406; 08/15/2009 at 02:05 PM. Reason: typo

17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunz4sale View Post
    Kinda offtopic. Anyone know why I cant telnet into the phone anymore? I got root access already, but now I can't get back in via putty :-/
    Kinda? lol this is off topic to the max x10 !

Quote Originally Posted by Joesmith_fromchat View Post
    I am wondering does your patch have any advantage over file coaster? I dont have file coaster as of yet (been to busy) and I am wondering if this has any advantage? I think you did a great job.
    not sure about filecoaster but w/ this patch you should be able to download anything using the native browser as long as there is a downkoad link.

Also if there is an OTA update you can just
    Code:
    quilt pop -a
    then after the OTA you can
    Code:
    quilt push -a
    to restore your patches so palms update wont overwrite them.

Doug
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    fritos1406..........u all that and a bag of chips...lol

no homo
    !!
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboh View Post
    fritos1406..........u all that and a bag of chips...lol

no homo
    !!
    didnt quite understand what thats suppose to mean but okay lol.
    so what can this really do. i know downloadf off internet, but what are other uses???is there a limit as to what i can and cannot dl?
    nope no limit. download any type file if there is a download link

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast